UX Designer - New IP
23 days ago
Greetings from Phoenix Labs!
Whether you’re hunting behemoths with your friends in Dauntless or rekindling the magical energy of Azoria in Fae Farm, our worlds empower players to share enduring stories like never before. Around here, we believe people are the ends, not the means. It’s how we strive to be a destination for developers who wish to collaborate on making timeless games enjoyed by players all over the world.
As a UX Designer, you will work directly on a new cross-platform free-to-play multiplayer action game in an original IP. You will define the layout and schema for features and core interaction points within the game. You will work with the UI/UX lead to help make the game a world class experience that feels both deeply thematic and extremely intuitive and accessible. This position requires infinite creativity, passion, and a relentless attention to detail.
- Design the UX and layout of core features through wireframing and functional prototypes
- Collaborate with UI artists, other designers, and engineers to oversee and guide implementation of features from conception to launch
- Iterating on and validating core features by running playtests, evaluating feedback, reviewing data, and proposing and implementing changes
- Ensure designs work and feel great on all platforms, without requiring a large amount of custom changes for any individual platform
- Remain current on game industry trends including new games and game genres, emerging game design methods and techniques
- 2+ years of industry experience in a design position, having been responsible for the UX of several different types of core player facing systems
- Deep familiarity with mobile design best practices and progression systems
- Ability and willingness to tackle technical problems and quickly learn new tools and workflows.
- Ability to communicate data-informed vision and design rationale to the team and stakeholders in a clear and concise manner
- Capability to break down experiences thoughtfully to be able to be built and tested incrementally, making trade-offs between quality and functionality
- Experience with UMG and UI Implementation in Unreal Engine 5
- Functional 2D art skills for creating readable and presentable non-shipping UI art
- Experience working on multiple platforms (console, PC, mobile)
- Experience working in Figma
- Passion for competitive multiplayer games
- Competence in other disciplines, such as programming, art creation, or production
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Who We Are
We make games because we love them, and we love the way they inspire us, bring us together, and enrich our lives. Our mosaic community of game developers is united by shared values and a desire to innovate and create new kinds of core, lifestyle, multiplayer games. Phoenix Labs has teams located in Vancouver (BC), Montreal, and San Mateo. We offer relocation + visa sponsorship as needed.