UX Designer III - Unpublished R&D Product
8 days ago
As a User Experience Designer, you’ll create the design work in a high-scope product area that is complex and ambiguous. The spaces will generally encompass multiple features and sometimes span across teams. You will apply design thinking and take a broad approach to ensure experiential continuity across platforms and touch points. You’ll work from concept through development and collaborate with other designers to achieve your goals.
As a User Experience Designer III on the R&D team , you’ll be responsible for the design work in a high-scope product area that is complex and ambiguous. Your work will include end-to-end experience design. The spaces will generally encompass multiple features and sometimes span across teams. You'll work from concept through development and collaborate with other designers to achieve your goals. You will report to the Game Director of the project.
- Lead UX design across multiple workstreams, focusing on the interaction design and player flows for these areas
- Deliver appropriate UX design artifacts (wireframes, user flows, etc) and prototype UI
- Support high level design in developing systems such as control schemes, HUDs, and front end UI/UX flow.
- Communicate your data-informed vision and design rationale to the team and stakeholders.
- Break down experiences thoughtfully for teams to ship value incrementally (i.e., Minimum viable experience), making appropriate trade-offs between fidelity and functionality
- Establish experiential quality metrics and interaction consistency across player-facing systems
- 5+ years industry experience, having led significant portions of the UX for at least one shipped game title or major release of a consumer-facing digital product
- Understanding of mobile gaming patterns, across genres
- Experience with UI prototyping tools such as Figma, Sketch or Adobe XD
- Experience designing in-game or around-game UX systems
- Ability to plan and estimate UX efforts for projects
- Experience working in a lead UX role.
- Experience designing interfaces on Mobile, PC, and Console, with strong understanding of interaction modalities across phone, controller, keyboard, and mouse
- Experience with Unity
- Experience with game design
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).