UX Designer II- Unpublished R&D Product
8 days ago
As UX Designers at Riot, we are responsible for design work in high-scope product areas that are complex and ambiguous. Our work includes end-to-end experience design. The spaces will generally encompass multiple features and span across teams. We work from concept through development and collaborate with other designers to achieve our goals.
As a UX Designer on the R&D team, you’ll report directly to the Lead Designer, and work together to prototype approaches to help players navigate all aspects of the game. You will be responsible for the UX design of various parts of the game’s player experience and minute to minute interactions. You will be an adept storyteller, able to present the player experience to members of your team. You will apply design thinking and take a broad approach to ensure a uniform pattern of interaction with the game’s world and presenting the key decisions to the player at each moment of their run. You’ll partner with members of a cross functional team in order to establish targets for the player experience and interaction design details.
- Communicate your data-informed vision and design rationale to cross-functional stakeholders
- Deliver appropriate level of design artifacts for the team (journey maps, flows, wireframes, mockups, and/or prototypes)
- Break down experiences thoughtfully for teams to be able to ship value incrementally
- Ensure experiential quality and consistency across features end-to-end
- 4+ years experience designing digital experiences, products, and platforms as a User Experience Designer or Interaction Designer
- Comfortable planning and estimating UX effort for projects
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Sketch or other industry design and prototyping tools
- 6+ years experience in user experience design or interactive design
- A minimum of a BA/BS degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction/Interface Design, Communication Design, Graphic Design, or equivalent experience
- Experience designing for PC & mobile game experiences
We will review your work as a part of the application process, so please provide a portfolio link or work samples with your application.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).