UX Designer (Ergonomist) (W/M/NB)
19 days ago
Within the Ubisoft group, Ubisoft headquarters plays a crucial role in game design. Working closely with international studios and management, our role is to support project teams on various aspects, including production processes, design, game direction, content, financial management, and human resources. This privileged position allows our employees to have a comprehensive view of ongoing development projects.
Within Ubisoft's headquarters, you will join the Online Services team. This team designs, produces, and operates community applications for our players, as well as tools to support our live games.
You will be one of the UX references within the team and will be responsible for integrating the UX dimension in the Account domain at Ubisoft. You will work within a multidisciplinary team, including Project Managers, UI Designers, Developers, and Testers.
- You will be responsible for selecting and applying relevant user research methodologies for your projects ;
- In collaboration with the team, you will propose appropriate solutions in the form of wireframes (static and interactive) while considering technical constraints and accessibility for various platforms (console, web, and mobile) ;
- You will ensure consumer satisfaction throughout the various project phases through user testing, A/B testing, interviews, and the implementation and monitoring of key indicators (KPIs) ;
- You will work with other UX Designers and UI Designers to ensure overall product coherence ;
- You will be responsible for the success of the products by improving the consumer experience and promoting UX practices while helping internal clients understand UX goals.
To succeed in this position, you will need to have essential skills and have a background in user experience.
- You have an academic training in a field related to user experience (Psychology, HMI, Ergonomics, etc.), you have a first successful experience in a position implementing your academic skills, in a company or in an agency;
- You have been involved in both player-facing projects and internal back-office projects;
- You are familiar with products with complex information architecture ;
Skills and knowledge
- You had exposure to tools like Figma and Qualtrics in a professional environment;
- You are comfortable working on multiple projects simultaneously;
- You have a strong user-focused orientation and an interest in communication, psychology, and behavior;
- You are eager to join a team of Designers that prioritizes listening, collaboration, and co-design;
- You have an interest in video games ;
- Fluent English is essential for this internationally oriented position.
💰 Profit Sharing, yearly company saving plan. 25 paid time off + 12 additional paid days off. 50% of your Navigo pass is paid by the company, lunch vouchers (9€/day), healthcare for you and your family, and lots of Ubisoft additional perks.
👶 Maternity leaves of 20 weeks, paternity/co-parental leaves of 7 weeks.
📍 Our brand new office is located in Saint Mandé, (Metro line 1, Saint Mandé station). Gym available in the building. Ability to work remotely.
[30 minutes] : phone call with a Recruiter,
[60 minutes] : you will be presenting a business case during a one hour interview with our UX Team Lead and our recruiter, in French – the business case that requires 1 to 2 hours of work prior to the presentation,
[60 minutes] : final interview with our Design Group Manager and our Director of Development, in English.
Ubisoft offers the same job opportunities to all, without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability, or age. Ubisoft ensures the development of an inclusive work environment which mirrors the diversity of our gamers’ community.
The job reports to Production HQ.
Check out this guide to help you with your application, and learn about our actions to encourage more diversity and inclusion.
- Location: Paris, France
- Duration of work: Full-time
- Remote or on-site: Flexible working organization to be discussed with the hiring manager during the recruitment process
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.