UX Designer - DCUO (Temp Contract)
Austin, Texas, United States
11 days ago
Dimensional Ink Games is building teams as diverse as our ideas.
- Collaborate with game designers to determine the best controls and inputs to support game features for a fluid and consistent player experience.
- Create functional prototypes for rapid iterations on key elements; (if they can rapidly prototype their screens/systems in the game engine they score bonus points) post prototypes for the team as a link without the need to install software etc.
- Implement an optimal interface layout plan that accounts for localization constraints.
Leader In Craft
- Craft standards: Design logic, layout and flow the game’s user interfaces including HUD, menus etc. based on information architecture and accessibility principles
- Documentation:Strong skills in creating wireframes or mockups for Art and Design to work from to fully understand the flow of the feature being created
- Personal Proficiency:Proven ability to manage time, self-organize, and meet deadlines with a positive and collaborative attitude and a strong desire to learn and grow
- Bonuses:Knowledge of current gaming trends, MMO design experience, Scaleform/Flash and experience with both controller- and mouse-based UX.
- End result: Must be able to use all the above skills and experience to level up our feature design team in order to build intuitive and creative systems with longevity
- Innovative Ownership: Be an owner, build owners
We know that to succeed means to fail but fail wisely and come back better. Don’t do something just because it’s always been done that way. Be open to learning from all sources and be willing to teach all. Work smart and pursue your craft with passion.
- Empathy: Walk in their shoes
We take the time to see from the perspectives of our team members and our players. We care deeply, behave positively, and communicate candidly. Emotional intelligence allows our team to act with respect and appreciate each another (and ourselves).
- Collaboration: See the best idea, not have the best idea
We are better together than by ourselves, so we know that a great idea can come from anywhere. We are committed to hiring the best-fitting team members who amplify our craftsmanship and inspire us all to grow.
- Honesty/Humility: Integrity matters
We have the self-reflection to hold ourselves accountable and support those who also hold themselves accountable. Be transparent to build trust and a team that is empowered to be bold and authentic. We trust our team members and their feedback.
*Employment Agencies: Please do not contact this job post with unsolicited services or offers*
This is a temporary contract position for 12 months with potential for full time. We are fully prepared to do remote onboarding and equipment shipments as needed for our new hires while we are currently working remotely!