This job might no longer be available.
UX Designer - Crusader Kings III
22 days ago
Are you an accomplished UX Designer looking for new and exciting challenges? Do you have an interest in making the complex seem simple? Do you have the drive and passion to push for new and innovative experiences for strategy gamers?
As a User Experience Designer, you will be helping us create efficient and engaging interfaces, and ease the learning curve of deep and complex strategy games on a grand scale. You will be a challenging force that will try to innovate and push new ideas, leading to better games that are more approachable while retaining their deep gameplay. Together with other designers, you will develop style guides and methods for securing a better user experience for our players.
- Create mockups, wireframes, and prototypes of new interfaces, and evaluate and improve existing ones
- Coordinate with designers, programmers, and artists and make changes to both UI and gameplay mechanics if necessary
- Share input and ideas around sound effects for interfaces with the Audio Director
- Drive innovation and provide a fresh perspective to User Experience in User Interface design
- Effectively document and present your designs to the rest of the team
The skills we're searching for
- Professional experience as a UX Designer, UI Designer, or equivalent
- Fluency in English both written and spoken
- Familiarity with and/or interest in Paradox Development Studios games and brands
On a personal level, you are driven towards innovation and are not afraid to challenge the status quo. You know how to inspire others by shedding new light on existing problems and coming up with new solutions. You have excellent communication skills and can easily communicate with fellow designers, programmers, and other team members. You are also very structured and able to keep style guides and other design documents up-to-date.
If you have experience with UI animations, user-testing, or interest in or experience with scripting, to be able to Iterate on your designs in-game using our in-house scripting language that will be beneficial, but is not a requirement. Also Interest in history: especially, the medieval period would be a plus.
Scope: Full-time and permanent
Reports to: Design Manager
We do not offer any relocation assistance for this position.
Some of our benefits include:
At Paradox you will be part of a result driven, high trust and player centric culture. O ur games and players take center stage and our first priority is always to add player value. If you are someone who thrives from the opportunities that this culture brings and knows how to navigate the challenges that also come with it we highly encourage you to apply for this job and join our team.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.