UX Designer, Core Experience
15 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
UX Designer, Core Experience
San Francisco, CA
We are looking for a passionate Sr. UX Designer to play a key role in shaping the future of the world’s largest game and content distribution platform. Located in the heart of San Francisco’s SOMA district, you will join our Core Experience group to provide intuitive, consistent and high-performance design solutions, in partnership, with a cross-functional team of product managers, researchers, writers, engineers, and business partners to ideate and craft experiences that delight our users.
As part of the larger SONY design community, you will be part of a global design group that respects and celebrates the value of design, design thinking and design process. Collaborate with designers both locally and globally to elevate the standard of design across the organization.
An ideal candidate possesses passion, dedication, and skills vital to deliver best-in-class products and experiences. If this sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Craft user-centric product experiences with relentless focus on ease-of-use and value delivery for customers
- Communicate and build consensus on a product experiences with cross-functional teams and key stakeholders
- Deliver high-quality design solutions, paired with detail specifications for implementation
- Partner with UX research, content, product management and engineering to ensure alignment throughout the process
- Actively manage and prioritization work in order to deliver designs in a timely manner
- BA/BS degree in design related studies, or 5+ years of experience as a UX Designer
- Portfolio demonstrating strong proficiency in interaction design and clean visual design
- Past experience taking both qualitative and quantitative inputs to form hypothesis and inform design solutions
- Ability to both work within a Design System and contribute to it
- Proficient in Sketch, Figma, and working knowledge of emerging software
- Deep experience working within a technical environment that includes both hardware and software
- Knowledge of tools for motion and prototyping
- Extensive experience designing for a global audience in multiple languages
- Deep passion or knowledge of movie, television, music, and video game services
- The ability to speak, write, or understand Japanese language
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.