UX Designer (Contract)
Austin Texas United States
20 days ago
UX Designer (Contract)
At Electronic Arts, we exist to inspire the world to play. We create amazing experiences for our players everywhere and we consider our players’ experiences first in everything we do.
As a Product Designer at EA, you will report to the Design Manager for Employee Experience where you'll envision digital and live experiences for players, game creation, recruitment, publishing, and employees.
Daily you’ll work together with a senior level design lead, helping envision digital and live experiences for players, game creation, recruitment, publishing, and employees. You work with product managers, engineers, and other partners throughout the production cycle aligned on business goals, customer needs and trade-offs. You are a UX generalist who will design everything from high-level product flow to detailed UI mockups with a toolbox of skills that could include visual design, scripting, animation, content writing, research, and advanced prototyping. You’ll partner with researchers and designers to define and deliver new features, translate concepts into living prototypes, and iterate on interactions, animations, and details to deliver the best experience.
Note that this is not a game studio design role **
Only applications with a portfolio submission will be considered **
- Advocate for user experience, product consistency, and design excellence.
- Work with product managers, designers, engineers, researchers, marketers, and external partners to identify risks, work with a senior level design lead to manage delivery timelines, and in communications with stakeholders to provide a smooth product development process.
- Research, create user scenarios, concept sketches, experience storyboards, high fidelity designs, wireframes, rapid and functioning prototypes, and visual assets for web and mobile.
- Collaborate with designers and engineers to develop prod-ready features and tests
- Help refine EA IT's design system to maintain consistency across the ecosystem.
- Share constructive feedback 1:1 with associate designers and in design reviews with the design team.
- Mentor design talent with an emphasis on career growth for designers while prioritizing filling a need for the business.
- Contribute to a creative, supportive culture for the entire UX Design team.
- Designer who wants to learn more about customer-focused product design and data-driven product strategy.
- Be creative, curious and ego-free, with a learning mindset who enjoys working in a team first environment.
- Be an equal partner with engineering, marketing and product management teams.
- Understand modern experience design methodology and user experience engineering.
- Deep interest in interaction design, user research, prototyping, content strategy, front end engineering and Agile Scrum Methodology work processes
- Familiarity with a variety of product design, prototyping and user experience engineering softwares, spreadsheets (can maintain complex spreadsheets) and customer research tools.
- A beginner writer with UX writing skills.
- Visual design experience.
- A portfolio demonstrating a clean visual aesthetic.
- Experience customizing design systems.
- Diverse B2B/B2C portfolio ( 2+ years ), spanning both web and mobile, that reflect design excellence.