UX Designer - Community Engagement
13 days ago
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn , Twitter and on our Blog .
About the Role
Twitch's community of streamers and viewers are at the heart of everything we build. As a User Experience Designer at Twitch, you will produce high-quality visual experiences which bring joy to people all over the world.
The Community Design team defines the viewer and creator experiences across our product ecosystem, building a cross-platform live streaming service that supports the growth of streamer-based communities. Designers at Twitch are involved in development from project conception all the way through execution and iteration. You will do hands-on research and collaborate with engineers. If you are an advocate for designing for humans and create playful and caring software for your customers, you will flourish on this team.
This position can also be located in Irvine, CA; Seattle, WA; New York, NY; and Salt Lake City, UT.
- Work with a development team of product managers, engineers, and designers on multiple projects
- Learn from streamers and viewers about the ways they use our services and their desires to accomplish more
- Give back to the design community at Twitch by using and improving existing patterns and approaches
- Combine qualitative and quantitative information to develop hypotheses about customer motivations and use that to improve your designs
- Present your work to others by participating in design reviews and feedback sessions
- College degree or 2+ years of practical experience in design with an emphasis on graphic design, HCI, or related design field
- A passion to learn new areas and push design at Twitch forward
- Experience working on multiple projects at a time
- Experience working on consumer software products
- Executed research plans talking to customers
- Knowledge of design systems
- Expertise with Figma
- Formal education in Design, Interaction/UX Design or HCI
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, or other legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.