UX Designer, Beyond Console
15 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
UX Designer - Beyond Console
San Francisco, CA
Help define the future of gaming beyond our core console platforms. We are looking for an enthusiastic, fast-learning UX Designer to collaborate on intuitive, modern, designs that delight players. You will partner with a cross-functional team of designers, product managers, researchers, writers, and engineers to concept, test and craft experiences that delight our users.
You will join the SONY design community, a group that respects and celebrates the value of user-centered design, visual communication and collaboration. Work with designers both locally and globally to elevate the standard of craft across the organization.
An ideal candidate possesses passion for details, a willingness to learn and grow, and a collaborative spirit to contribute to best-in-class products and experiences. If this sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct audits of current and competitive experiences, identifying points of design and potential areas for improvement
- Present and communicate proposals to the team and make iterations based on feedback; participate in critiques of work across designers
- Contribute to layout standards, UI components, and visual designs
- Produce detailed user flows, including interactions, approved copy, UI variations and error states
- Participate in user research planning and activities with designers and UX research teams; turn findings and insights into future design iterations
- Coordinate with other designers to workshop, iterate and polish designs
- Self-manage workload and day-to-day activities in order to deliver designs in a timely manner
- Completion of design-related studies, or proven experience as a UX Designer
- Portfolio demonstrating experience with interaction design and clean visual design with iterations and process
- Past experience conducting or collaborating with UX research to form hypothesis and inform design proposals
- Ability to both work within a Design System and add to it
- Proficient in Figma + Sketch, with a working knowledge of emerging software for prototyping, collaboration and visual design
- Experience designing native desktop applications (Windows or MacOS)
- Portfolio that demonstrates motion design and high-fidelity prototyping
- Experience making designs for multiple languages
- Deep passion or knowledge of gaming or media streaming services
- The ability to speak, write, or understand Japanese language
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.