UX Designer (Apex Legends)
27 days ago
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
You can learn more about our studio and values at respawn.com/studio .
Apex Legends is looking for a UX Designer to come join us in expanding the Apex Universe at our growing Madison Wisconsin location.
Reporting to our Experience Design Director, you'll work on designing new features and interactive flows from early concepts through to release.
- Work with our Experience Design Director and UX lead to take important UX-heavy features from concept to completion on a large, live, product
- Independently define feature design solutions that align with gameplay design goals and accessibility standards
- Iterate on design concepts based on feedback, design requirements,, and creative direction
- Work closely with engineers and UI technical designers to implement features
- Work closely with producers and directors to estimate and prioritize work
- Collaborative and inclusive attitude with the ability to listen, learn, and adapt
- Ability to present work and clearly articulate rationale and design decisions
- 3+ years of professional game development experience, working in game engines
- Proficiency in relevant software packages such as Figma or comparable UX design tools
- Experience in rapid prototyping to test the feasibility of concepts
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to polish features to a AAA quality
- A strong understanding of graphic design principles, typography, layout, color, iconography
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant and unique UX work and problem-solving
Nice To Have
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Experience developing UX for AAA games, multiplayer games, live service games or FPS genre
- Understand interaction design on console, pc and mobile
- Degree in Interaction Design, Psychology, Human Factors, Industrial Engineering or related HCI discipline