11 days ago
DigitalFish has a quickly upcoming need for a broad range of engineering and technical-art roles in support of our work developing and advancing a large-scale, next-generation animation and VFX pipeline in partnership with a renowned global studio.
DigitalFish has long been a trusted partner of leading digital-media companies, and we are at the center of their efforts to build a new generation of platforms and experiences. Current and past customers include Facebook, Google, Pixar, DreamWorks, Activision, LEGO, Disney/ESPN, NASA and many others.
At DigitalFish, you'll have a unique opportunity to help lead this invention of the future of design, entertainment and play on multiple fronts.
We are seeking multiple roles in engineering, production systems and technical art, at varying levels from mid-level to senior. We expect specific roles to be defined over the coming 1-2 weeks. Please check back for further information.
- Partner with a broad range of cross-functional teams to understand the as-is environment and constraints, and conceive and architect improvements
- Design, consult on and/or implement pipeline technologies and workflow from pre-viz through to final comp
- Bring broad experience in best practices and emerging methods across a wide range of production processes
- Help to drive quality, optimization, efficiency and positive human values throughout a global, multi-studio ecosystem
- Inspire those around you to innovate, advance and improve
- Engineering roles: BS/BA in Computer Science or related engineering field, or equivalent work experience
- Technical Art roles: BS/BA in Comp. Sci., Computer Animation, a related field or equivalent work experience
- Significant professional experience working in production, engineering or systems, including large-studio experience
- Experience with Pixar Universal Scene Description (USD), SideFX Houdini and Pixar RenderMan
- Specific areas of focus include special effects (FX) systems (for example, fur, feather, groom, crowds, procedural content), motion capture and retargeting, scalable environments, render optimization, renderfarm scalability and elasticity in-cloud and on-prem, VFX compositing optimization and scalability, and more, all in a massive-scale pipeline context
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary plus equity per qualifications
- Full benefits with excellent health plan
- Ability to influence product and features built on cutting-edge technologies
- Enormous opportunity for learning and professional growth
- Work with a well-respected, creative and talented group of experts in graphics and animation
We will be hiring for full-time and contract positions, all are telecommute/remote at this time.
DigitalFish is not able to sponsor immigration petitions for this role at this time. We are an equal opportunity employer. If you'd like further information on these roles, we look forward to hearing from you!