UK Finance Intern (Placement Year 2021-2022)
1 month ago
We are looking for a driven and professional placement student to join our Finance Department at Take-Two Interactive for 54 weeks. If successful you will be collaborating and fully supporting the various functions of the team, including Tax & Compliance, General Ledger, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
As a finance intern you will work closely with the team to perform processes to prepare the Trial Balance, Profit & Loss Account and Balance Sheet for various entities to strict timelines. This internship will help you acquire business skills, accounting knowledge and a broad experience of working within the finance department of a successful video game publisher within a dynamic industry.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
You will be given tasks that allow you to become an integral part of the team as you apply knowledge through your studies to a practical role. Key elements of the role include:
- Support the team through the monthly close cycle, in particular assisting in producing accurate month end financials for our 6 entities.
- Prepare monthly Reconciliations
- Generating and analysing departmental financial reports
- Providing commentary on Monthly Flux Reports
- Supporting with Sales forecasting and Sell through Reviews
- Develop a good understanding of our IT systems: JDE, OBI, Anaplan, Concur and Blackline
- Help generate ad hoc reporting
- Assisting with various administration tasks
- Work closely with AR team for adhoc requirements
- Post and reconcile payments from bank account. Reconcile shipping report for GB and Export Daily and for Monthend.
- Produce customer statements and send copy documents as requested
- Assist with requirements for internal and external audit and ensure SOX compliant
- Build and maintain good working relationships within the team and other departments that we work closely with including Sales, Planning, Operations and Marketing
- Build and maintain good working relationships with the finance teams in other territories including: France, Spain, Germany, Benelux, Australia and Singapore
- Become a proactive team player
- Highly motivated with the willingness to learn new business systems and processes
- Ambitious, proactive and with a high attention to detail
- Ability to deliver accurately and within tight deadlines
- Hard working and able to work under pressure especially during peak periods
- Strong interpersonal skills and a good communicator
- A basic knowledge in key accounting concepts
- Numerical and analytical skills
- A strong knowledge of MS Excel
What We Offer You:
- Real Living Wage. We are pleased to confirm all of our placements are paid at the Real Living Wage for London.
- Great Company Culture . We pride ourselves as being one of the most creative and innovative places to work, creativity, innovation, efficiency, diversity and philanthropy are among the core tenets of our organization and are integral drivers of our continued success.
- Growth : As a global entertainment company, we pride ourselves on creating environments where employees are encouraged to be themselves, inquisitive, collaborative and to grow within and around the company.
- Work Hard, Play Hard. Our employees’ bond, blow-off steam, and flex some creative muscles – through corporate boot camp classes, our onsite Gym, company parties, our Office bar, game release events, monthly socials, and team challenges.
- Benefits . Benefits include, but are not limited to Private healthcare with Bupa, Private dental with Bupa, A double matching pension policy where the employer will double match up to a 4% contribution from the employee, Employee stock purchase scheme with a 15% discount, Eye tests and vouchers towards glasses, Cycle to work scheme, Flu vouchers, Annual health checks with Bupa, 4X death in service insurance, Income protection (60% salary), 25 days holiday, + other great perks and great office facilities!
- Perks . Gym reimbursement up to £25 per month, an onsite Gym, an Office bar, employee discount programs, free games & events, stocked pantries, a dog friendly workplace and the ability to earn £350+ per year for taking care of yourself and more!
Headquartered in New York City, with it’s International headquarters in Windsor, Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. is a leading developer, publisher and marketer of interactive entertainment for consumers around the globe. The Company develops and publishes products principally through its wholly-owned labels Rockstar Games and 2K, as well as its Private Division label and Social Point, a leading developer of mobile games.
Take-Two is an equal opportunities employer and as such will endeavor to provide reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process where required. We invite candidates to notify us should they wish to discuss any reasonable adjustments