UK Finance Intern (Placement Year 2020-2021)
Windsor, England, United Kingdom
4 days ago
Job Title: Finance Intern
Reports to: Senior Financial Accountant
Location: Windsor/London, UK
We are looking for a driven and professional placement student to join our Finance Department at Take-Two Interactive. If successful you will be collaborating and fully supporting the various functions of the team, including Tax & Compliance, General Ledger, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
As a finance intern you will work closely with the team to perform processes to prepare the Trial Balance, Profit & Loss Account and Balance Sheet for various entities to strict timelines.
This internship will help you acquire business skills, accounting knowledge and a broad experience of working within the finance department of a successful video game publisher within a dynamic industry.
Please be aware that we are excited to be moving from Windsor to brand new offices in Central London towards the end of next year! Please do therefore only proceed with an application if you would be happy to commute to Central London once we have relocated.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
You will be given tasks that allow you to become an integral part of the team as you apply knowledge through your studies to a practical role. Key elements of the role include:
- Support the team through the monthly close cycle, in particular assisting in producing accurate month end financials for our 6 entities.
- Prepare monthly Reconciliations
- Generating and analysing departmental financial reports
- Providing commentary on Monthly Flux Reports
- Supporting with Sales forecasting and Sell through Reviews
- Develop a good understanding of our IT systems: JDE, OBI, Anaplan, Concur and Blackline
- Help generate ad hoc reporting
- Assisting with various administration tasks
- Build and maintain good working relationships within the team and other departments that we work closely with including Sales, Planning, Operations and Marketing
- Build and maintain good working relationships with the finance teams in other territories including: France, Spain, Germany, Benelux, Australia and Singapore
- Become a proactive team player
- Highly motivated with the willingness to learn new business systems and processes
- Ambitious, proactive and with a high attention to detail
- Ability to deliver accurately and within tight deadlines
- Hard working and able to work under pressure especially during peak periods
- Strong interpersonal skills and a good communicator
- A basic knowledge in key accounting concepts
- Numerical and analytical skills
- A strong knowledge of MS Excel
Headquartered in New York City, with it’s International headquarters in Windsor, Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. is a leading developer, publisher and marketer of interactive entertainment for consumers around the globe. The Company develops and publishes products principally through its wholly-owned labels Rockstar Games and 2K, as well as its Private Division label and Social Point, a leading developer of mobile games.