UI / UX Programmer
14 days ago
We’re expanding our UI team and are looking for programmers and engineers to join the crew. This enhanced team will use its combined technical and creative expertise to develop complex, intuitive UI that can be seamlessly woven into the fabric of the games they’re working on. This specific engineering role will play an important part in the team and provides a fantastic chance to work on world-class titles with incredible clients.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced engineer with an interest in developing in-game and frontend UI for AAA games projects to join our UI team. You will work with UI and technical artists to implement, iterate and polish UI features, helping the UI artists to understand the engineering implications of their designs. In addition to working within our existing UI framework, you will be expected to create and extend UI tools and systems as appropriate for the task in hand. You will assist project managers with estimation and task scheduling and be comfortable working with external clients and internal partners.
- Experience in C++ is required and user knowledge of Scaleform, Adobe Animate, NOESIS GUI and Unreal Engine UMG is helpful
- Being able to understand layering of animations and tagging / naming conventions
- Able to interpret existing wireframes + UX flows and create functioning greybox models
- Ability to implement motion graphics and VFX from After Effects
- A creative at heart who loves solving technical problems and working closely with artists.
- Must be patient and polite but also able to judge moments where push-back is needed
- Interest in AAA videogames and an understanding of the products, audience and industry trends that affect UI/UX
- Comfortable collaborating with other disciplines
- Great communication skills
- A knowledge of UX & UI design techniques outside of games (e.g. web, retail etc)
- Proficiency or ability to learn relevant software; XD, Axure, Photoshop, After Effects, Perforce, Jira, Basecamp and Confluence
- Experience critiquing work and providing actionable feedback.
- Experience creating or maintaining a design system is a bonus.
- Experience of working with proprietary game engines and Unity
As well as having the chance to work on some incredible projects, Atomhawk offers a unique environment for those wanting to be surrounded by like-minded creative people. We have one of the largest in-house teams of specialist digital artists in the world, providing a collaborative community that works, develops and socialises together.
Atomhawk provides structured career development and training pathways for staff at all levels. We offer flexible working hours and a strict ‘No-Crunch’ culture, meaning overtime is not required or forced within the art team. This is alongside a competitive salary, relocation allowance and comprehensive flexible benefit scheme.
For this role we are encouraging remote applications. Given the nature of the work a local timezone to the UK would be a benefit but not essential.
For those wanting to work in a physical office we have studio locations across the UK, with a particular focus in the North East of England and the Midlands.
Atomhawk is part of Sumo Group plc, one of the UK’s leading videogame developers.