UI/UX Lead - Overwatch 2
29 days ago
Job Title:UI/UX Lead - Overwatch 2
User Experience and User Interface are both the window into our universe and the levers and controls that the heroes of Overwatch use to fight for a better world. We are looking for a new hero to help lead our UI/UX team into the new territories of Overwatch 2 and beyond.
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an experienced and talented UI/UX professional to join the leadership of the Overwatch’s development team. This role will work closely with both our Art and Game Design leadership to help create the compelling and epic features that Blizzard is known for.
- Own the vision of UI/UX - drive and evangelize the visual direction and user experience of both the live game and Overwatch 2.
- Collaborate with art and design leads to help serve the ever-changing needs of the game, while maintaining clean and consistent UI design across multiple features, platforms, and expansions.
- Help build the in-game UI – from creating initial mock-ups to final implementation.
- Guide the UI/UX team to ensure that the goals of our content and features are being met.
- Work with the Lead Game Designers and producers to create tasks and schedules.
- Support and mentor UI/UX team.
- Serve as a partner to the team leadership group.
- Excellent people skills
- Expert knowledge of UI/UX considerations for AAA PC and console games.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate and collaborate with other designers, artists, and engineers to ensure delivery of the best possible user experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the implementation of various UI/UX systems.
- Self-motivated and self-directing, knowledgeable about and willing to pitch in on many areas of development.
- In depth experience playing Overwatch.
- Previous leadership experience.
- Non-design development experience (artist, programmer, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Job Status: Full-Time
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.