17 days ago
We are FuzzyBot, a new independent video game studio formed by former AAA devs, focused on creating co-op games that bring players together across genres and generations.
For our first title, we are building a stylized multiplayer game at the intersection of action and social gaming for the HD space (PC, Switch, Xbox and Playstation) by combining the joy of creation found in a life sim with the thrill of replayable action combat found in a roguelite.
We're looking for a UI Engineer to help make the game easy to understand, fun to use, and overall elevate the player experience. In this role, you'll work closely with design and art to create the user-facing experience of underlying gameplay systems.
- Work closely with the design team to help develop and define the game’s UX
- Develop new UI/UX prototypes and refine existing ones
- Design and implement production level UI/UX subsystems in Blueprint and C++
- Collaborate with the team to establish, maintain and improve the UI development process
- Ensure UI meets performance and memory targets, troubleshooting and working with the team to resolve the issues as they arise
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Professional game dev experience working with designers and artists to convert game designs, wireframes, and visual mockups into functional UI
- Solid understanding of common user interface concepts like layout, text, event-driven programming, and control widgets
- Experience working with and setting up localization systems
- 3+ years of programming experience in C++
- Experience developing UI in Unreal Engine 4
- Experience developing UI for multiple platforms; PC, console and/or mobile.
- Familiarity with creating wireframes or using other UX design tools
- Familiarity with creating UI art assets
Things to consider:
- Based in Los Angeles, but are working mostly remotely and open to remote hires
- We are currently 10-person team looking to grow to ~25 people in 1-2 years
- Opportunity to help build the company and team from the ground up
- Competitive salary and benefits, and equity incentive
- Stipend for home office & equipment needs
- Flexible work environment (remote only or opportunity to work in the in the LA office if desired)
If you’re interested in this position, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, please include a resume and - if available - examples of your work (github, website, etc).
FuzzyBot was founded in late 2020 with the mission of building games that connect players across generations by creating cooperative experiences set in imaginative worlds.
Originally spearheaded by a team of experienced industry veterans, we believe that smaller versatile teams with low production overhead can succeed by focusing on innovative mechanics and standing out through eye-catching aesthetics.
We have a highly creative group built on trust, expertise, and a love for video games. Our development philosophy is around dreaming big, but building smart – maintaining a pragmatic, flexible, and down to earth approach focused on shipping games.
Join at the beginnings of a new game studio and be part of our exciting journey in building the company, team, and games.
Read more about our culture and game vision here: https://gamedaily.biz/article/2159/former-ea-devs-found-fuzzybot-announce-35-million-in-seed-funding
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.