17 days ago
This role can be based in any of the following locations: London/Istanbul/Remote USA or Canada
Gram Games is the studio behind some of the most popular mobile titles like 1010!, Merge Dragons & Merge Magic and we have more awesome projects in the pipeline. We do things differently here: we work in small self-managing teams, enabling you to have an incredible amount of ownership, autonomy and impact. We'll never ask you to abandon your craft to focus on managing others or your workload.
As the UX/UI Director we are seeking for you to lead and mentor a growing team of varied UX skill sets, helping to improve processes and achieve excellence across multiple concurrent projects.
While the core of the job is around team leadership and strategy, another key part of the role is around collaboration with a wide variety of disciplines and expertise. You will collaborate with other Directors, Art Leadership, Design Leadership, and many other disciplines as you build toward a great UX culture.
- Build the recruitment strategy for the UX/UI discipline, including role definition, interviewing structure, hiring, onboarding and succession planning
- Drive the delivery and quality of the UX/UI across the business, mentoring and supporting leads, designers, artists, and technical designers
- Help and Assist Artists, Designers, and other members of the team to achieve visual excellence across a variety of visual styles, giving feedback and helping to improve the process
- A recognized expert in the discipline. Known for invention, innovation and talent. Identifies future opportunities and strategies. Has shipped multiple products
- Lead all feedback sessions within multiple discipline groups. Helping sets direction for UX team
Required Skills & Experience
- An experienced UX/UI Director with mobile games experience under your belt
- Experience leading a game through all stages of the project lifecycle
- Experience building the UX branding for a game in conjunction with the team
- Experience in UX/UI Design (interaction design, prototyping, accessibility, and user research)
- A passion for making and playing games
•In return for bringing your expertise to this top-priority role, we can offer some of the best benefits in the Games industry!
•Highly competitive salary
•Private medical care
•Awesome onsite chef serving breakfast, lunch, and lots of treats (naughty and nice)
•Relocation assistance for those moving
•Life insurance and a favourable pension scheme
•Healthcare cash plan including dental and optical coverage
•Amazing tech to work with and consoles to play and relax with everywhere you look!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.