3 days ago
As the UI/UX Director, you will be leading the UI/UX team for the highly successful franchise, Design Home (https://www.glu.com/games/design-home/), a mobile game that’s consistently in the Top 50 on the app store. This is an exciting opportunity, as you’ll have a chance to work with a world-class team and a product that touches millions of women’s lives every day.
- Know the player.
- Lead the UI/UX Design team.
- Manage and provide mentorship and help develop individuals on the UI/UX Design team.
- Give feedback to UI/UX Designers at various project stages (concepts, development of systems and elements, execution of screens, creation of animations and iconography, etc) in design reviews, team critiques, and 1:1s to improve the output, efficiency, and quality of their UI/UX execution and deliverables.
- Help guide UI/UX Designers’ near and long-term planning of projects, and guide the design process.
- Work with senior members of the UI/UX Design team to build, evolve, and document Design Homes UI/UX Design guide to improve visual aesthetics and streamline designer onboarding, feature design, and dev implementation.
- Work with Product and Design Leadership on UI/UX roadmapCollaborate to define and provide high level UI/UX vision and style guides
- Understand the full picture of all UI/UX Design asks to develop a forward looking, prioritized 3-6 month plan in collaboration with Product and Live Ops.
- Collaborate with other visual design teams at Glu (specifically marketing creative and content art teams) to execute on user acquisition, feature launches, content, and engagement campaign launches.
- Balances refined aesthetics with a strong understanding of mobile app interfaces and UX.
- Has a user-centered approach to product design.
- Experienced in managing and developing a UI/UX Design team.
- Experienced with a variety of UI/UX design subdisciplines and deliverables including style guides, UI/UX kit, and design system development; animation; rendering; illustration; iconography; typography.
- Experienced in working with user researchers, UX designers, copywriters, engineers and product managers to drive strategy, vision, and execution.
- Fluent in design programs. (Adobe suite, Invision, Sketch etc.)Have an interest in interior design. Understand the fundamentals and keep a pulse on trends.
- Great team chemistry and fosters a fun collaborative work environment
8+ years of experience in UI/UX/Product Design including:
- Recent experience in a product development setting within a mobile app company or a company with a strong mobile presence.
- 5+ years managing mobile UI/UX design teams, including at least 2+ years managing teams of 5 or more.
- Strong presentation skills that inspire and motivate the team
Experience managing a UI/UX Design team that completed projects on:
- Content/media–based products
- E-commerce apps
- Localized products across international markets.
A portfolio of relevant UI/UX Design work, executed either by yourself or a team that you led, that conveys an ability to drive a systems-based visual design style into highly usable and highly functional applications.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.