Woodland Hills California 91367 United States of America
12 days ago
Job Title:UI/UX Director
Infinity Ward, developer of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and creators of one of the best-selling and most critically acclaimed shooter franchises of all time, is currently seeking an exceptional UI/UX Director who will be responsible for establishing the vision and strategy for the UI and UX in our future games.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Establish a unified creative vision and goals for a team of designers, artists and engineers and lead the UI/UX design process across projects and features.
- Collaborate with a multi-discipline team to deliver innovative, intuitive and efficient user interfaces and experiences for our players.
- Work with external department stakeholders to define functionality, design specifications and technical requirements.
- Work with your team to develop interaction design concepts with user stories, site maps, prototypes and wireframes that illustrate user needs, site structure, flow, layout, and informational relationships.
- Drive the consistency of visual and logical architecture across all platforms via regular reviews with stakeholders.
- Create and work on solutions for new and established systems that factor design, tools, and technological capabilities.
- Work closely with product managers, game designers, artists, and engineers on high-scope features to solve large-scale design problems.
- Work closely with producers and other stakeholders on scope estimates and schedules.
- Set clear project objectives, provide career guidance and reviews to team members, and ensure that your teams are set-up for success.
- Guide improvement of the team’s pipelines and toolset.
- Engaging digital portfolio that includes experience on either AAA games or top tier technology platforms and apps.
- Minimum of 5 years as a UX/UI lead, and 10 years of graphic design and UX/UI related experience.
- Ability to work well with others, and have experience managing a large multi-discipline team (code, art, and design).
- Solid understanding of the relationship between the disciplines (code, art, and design) necessary to deliver quality UI features.
- Expert documentation skills for wireframes and flow diagrams
- Ability to communicate in a clear and focused manner to inspire and lead colleagues; you’re authentic with all different types of stakeholders, from interns to executives.
- Passion and insight into latest UI design trends circulating the gaming industry.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office.
- Passion for games and interactive media.
- C/C++ experience or Knowledge of scripting languages such as Python, Lua, or similar scripting languages.
- Graphic design skills with a good eye for composition, fonts and color.
- Understanding of game UX flow and HUD systems.
- Knowledge of or experience with different gaming models, including free to play.