UI UX Designer
Space Ape Games
London England United Kingdom
13 days ago
At Space Ape, we are focused on building world-class player experiences. Our games are fun, fresh and brimming with personality, so we want to share them with everyone. This means our players are always at the core of our design process.
This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate, driven, UI/UX designer who is ready to take their career to the next level. You will be working alongside experienced, senior designers within small game teams to support the delivery of world-class interfaces and usability. The ideal candidate will have experience creating simple, usable and engaging UI for video games. They will have a talent for problem-solving and critical thinking, have excellent communication skills, a strong visual aesthetic, be highly creative and have a hunger to learn and grow.
- Work closely with senior UI/UX designers and our small development teams to facilitate the design and development of UX/UI through each stage of the development process.
- Conduct research and create reference materials to provide a foundation for feature design and development.
- Design detailed user flows for game features and functionality.
- Create wireframe mockups and interactive prototypes to evaluate interface and flow designs.
- Help drive and expand the creation of world-class brands and visual directions through the exploration and development of signature art styles.
- Create high-fidelity mock-ups and game-ready assets for interface designs and elements.
- Support the implementation of interfaces and assets to achieve outstanding visual quality and user experience in software.
- 1+ years of experience creating user interfaces and artwork for video games or mobile applications.
- A rounded portfolio demonstrating a solid appreciation of UI/UX design - please include links to your work.
- Strong visual design skills with regard to colour theory, layout and typography.
- Experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator or equivalent visual design and wireframing tools.
- Ability to learn new tools and techniques proficiently.
- Ability to present your designs and communicate your solutions to various stakeholders with appropriate levels of detail.
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, technologies and design psychology;
- Strong desire to expand your knowledge and grow your UI/UX skillset.
- Passion for games & mobile gaming.
- Experience with development in a game engine, ideally Unity.
- Experience in conducting user research and evaluating user feedback.
- Experience working autonomously and proactively.
- Experience designing for iOS, Android, or other mobile platforms.
- Experience with UI animation, creating transitions and vfx.
Why Space Ape is right for you
- Be a part of one of several small, empowered, talented teams who inspire and challenge one another in the pursuit of our mission
- Autonomy to make your own impact with the support to help it happen
- Designated ‘Ape Space’ creative time where you are free to work on game concepts and ideas away from your day to day
- The freedom to further your skill set the way you want with a generous training budget
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- An award-winning studio that in 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020 was crowned one of the best companies to work for in the UK by gamesindustry.biz.
- Help run and create games which bring joy to millions of players all over the world
- 4.7/5.0 Glassdoor rating - Check out our reviews
- Entered a long-term strategic partnership with Supercell in 2017
To find out more about our Art team follow our Blog and Art Station
About Space Ape
At Space Ape we pride ourselves on our passion and the trust we place in our people. We look for driven, productive, team players who are relentless in their pursuit of our mission. There’s no bureaucracy here, we just get things done. Space Ape’s mission is to make the highest quality and most successful mobile games in the world. Founded in 2012 we’ve since launched four games that have been installed by over 100 million people and generated over $200m revenue. We currently have two games in soft launch [https://beatstar.com/] and [https://apps.apple.com/nl/app/id1520552339] and 3 more entering soft launch soon.
Our studio is currently 110 strong and built around the belief that small empowered teams make the best games. This philosophy enables us to innovate, move faster and have the creative ownership required to make the greatest games on mobile.