9 days ago
Obsidian Entertainment is seeking a skilled UX/UI Designer to join our team and help make our next world class RPG.
This designer will work with other groups to design and advocate the user's experience throughout the game with a focus on user satisfaction and utility. They will bring a unique perspective to our current UX practices and UI design, and continuously raise the standards of quality to deliver an experience that surpasses expectations.
This position requires the ability to work onsite or in a hybrid capacity at the Obsidian Entertainment office in Irvine, CA.
- Understand, wrangle, and integrate large amounts of data into a powerful, dynamic, functional, user experience
- Work with artists, designers, and programmers across the Design and User Interface teams to conceive and integrate the aesthetic, mechanical, and technical elements of the product's user experience
- Communicate and document the desired user experience clearly and concisely
- Iterate upon and improve designs using playtest, developer, and user feedback, even after a product is launched
- Advocate for the highest level of quality, while being pragmatic based on priorities and timelines
- Prior experience as a UI/UX designer
- Strong knowledge of information architecture and visual/functional transformation of information to create an engaging and intuitive user experience
- Strong understanding of objective evaluation of user experience and implementation of design improvements based on empirical data
- Strong communication skills and a positive attitude
- Self-motivated towards creatively solving problems
- Passion for role-playing games and gaming in general
- Experience with Unreal Engine
- Expertise in cognitive science and usability principles
Obsidian Entertainment is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please, no phone calls or drop-ins. We only accept electronic applications.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.