3 months ago
Obsidian Entertainment is seeking a versatile UI/UX Designer to join our team and help make our next world class RPG. The UI/UX Designer will work in partnership with other disciplines to design the flow and layout of UI systems while also paying close attention to consistency and user experience across the title.
The ideal candidate should have the ability to comprehend and transform complex gameplay requirements into elegant, intuitive, and accessible designs to create amazing user experiences.
- Collaborate with directors to drive the UI/UX pipeline on an upcoming video game title, from design to implementation
- Work closely with the Design and UI teams to conceive and fully integrate UI designs that enhance the player experience while meeting the requirements of core gameplay
- Use playtest, developer, and user feedback to rapidly iterate upon wireframes, designs, and user flows that both look and feel great
- Define UI requirements and construct UI layouts and consistent user flows through various areas of the game's interface
- Work with artists, game designers, and programmers to fully integrate the aesthetic, mechanical, and technical elements of the product's user experience
- Be an advocate for the highest level of quality, but still be pragmatic as needed based on priorities and timelines
- One or more shipped PC/Console game(s) as a UI/UX Designer and expert in usability design principles
- Proficiency with prototyping and previsualization tools, such as Figma, Adobe XD, etc.
- Strong knowledge of information architecture and how information can be visually and functionally transformed into an engaging and intuitive user experience
- Understanding of how to objectively evaluate a user experience for learnability and usability, and then adjust the design based on empirical data
- Strong communication skills and a passion for making user-focused UI
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Passion for role-playing games and gaming in general
- Expertise in cognitive science and usability principles
- A web portfolio that demonstrates a range of high-quality PC or console game UI/UX screens that demonstrate the understanding of usability design principles, user flows, and aesthetic sense
Obsidian Entertainment is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please, no phone calls or drop-ins. We only accept electronic applications.