San Francisco, CA
11 days ago
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days & Holidays*
100% Employee Covered Medical, Dental, Vision Plan Base Plan*
Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More*
Catered Lunches & Well-stocked Kitchens
Onsite Gym & Wellness Activities (Yoga & Zumba)*
*Only applies to full-time positions.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Currently, we are on the hunt for a talented UI/UX Designer who will help contribute to the success of our games! You will work in the mobile gaming space to create amazing user experiences.
** In order to be considered, you MUST provide us with either a link to an online portfolio, website or a pdf showcasing recent artwork upon application.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including product management, concept art, game design and engineering.
- Work with the UI/UX team to define, design and implement fun and innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals, and experience.
- Execute at all stages of the product from concept to final product launch.
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Present designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and stakeholders while clearly communicating design rationale.
- Experience integrating UI assets into a game engine like Unity.
- Experience creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, visual designs, and mobile prototypes as well as clear documentation.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, and XD or other prototyping tools.
- Must clearly demonstrate a very strong understanding of advanced graphic design principles, while still adhering to the product's overall style guide.
- Must be able to scope work, set project deadlines and deliver on time.
- Must be able to give and receive feedback gracefully.
- Must demonstrate UI / UX design skills with a strong portfolio.
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technology.
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience creating animated mockups of UI flows and transition-prototypes.
- Knowledge of motion design principles.
- Previous experience working on casual mobile games.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.