11 days ago
Are you ready to work on something exciting and spectacular? On a project where millions of ordinary people worldwide will be admiring your work?
You're in the right place because Gameloft Bucharest is looking for a Senior 2D Concept Artist.
About Gameloft Bucharest:
Gameloft Bucharest was created in 2000 with a passion for games that spawned 42 titles for all platforms, from Java to consoles.
Our games are recognized and praised by our players and by the industry. We take pride in our titles, from N.O.V.A, introduced on stage during the 2010 Apple Keynote as the first iPad game ever, to FPS benchmarks such as Modern Combat, with over 175 million downloads & Sniper Fury, with over 109 million downloads.
What can you expect from us?
• We are a 430 person game development studio in the greenest part of Bucharest;
• We have diverse backgrounds and we all love to work on our own games and ideas;
• You would work in a small agile team where everybody’s inputs are valued;
• The team is international, and we have several foreign colleagues;
• You will be using robust systems that serve millions of players;
• Exercising your creativity when solving tasks is much appreciated;
• You may be working on games using famous brands such as Marvel or Disney;
• We don't have many meetings :)
Why work for us?
A modern office complex including:
- Dedicated gym with personal trainers and various facilities.
- 3 massage rooms inside the building.
- Relaxation area with pool tables, ping pong tables, darts, foosball.
- A dedicated Kickboxing gym with free trainers and classes.
- Free Aikido, Aerobic, Zumba, Yoga, TRX classes inside the gym.
- Cafeteria with hot food open during working hours.
- Free access to football and basketball courts.
- Motivating salary and a merit-based pay system.
- We have a flexible work schedule that can fit most of your requirements.
- Never go to work on your birthday or your kid's birthday.
- Lunch tickets.
- Medical insurance package.
- Supportive working climate, a team with a free communication style, and the chance to be rewarded for outstanding performances.
- Free psychological counseling.
- Kindergarten inside our courtyard.
What will you do here?
As an expert in ergonomics and graphic design, you will contribute to conceptualize and produce appealing interfaces that follow/enhance the art direction of the in-game content. Your inputs will offer solutions that are intuitive (ergonomics), functional (architecture), and aesthetically pleasing (design).
- Collaborate with team to translate game systems and gameplay user-experience goals into intuitive interfaces that support and enhance the game look and experience;
- Observe and interpret results of usability testing and live game metrics, sharing conclusions with the World Ergonomics Director and imagine solutions that help to increase accessibility and inform design decision making game-wide;
- Produce Schemes of global flows with detailed requirements in collaboration with the local Game designer, and share with the Head Quarter;
- Collaborate and participate with artists locally to create high-fidelity mockups to solidify design direction and planning regarding the World Ergonomic Director expectations.
In order for us to consider your application, please send your portfolio or samples of your work (demos, animations, images, websites, etc.), indicating the address of your website and portfolio if you have one.
- 2-3 years’ experience in web/multimedia/video games design;
- Knowledge of various web and smartphone application types;
- Able to produce material in line with current trends;
- Comfortable taking initiative in terms of graphics, brainstorming, research, and suggesting graphical and ergonomic trends;
- Expert knowledge in Illustrator and Photoshop;
- Expert in after effect/flash for motion effect, transition menus;
- Proactive and able to work independently;
- Able to work in a team;
- Very good general knowledge of graphical trends and flows, particularly in smartphones application (TV, web, video games, professional applications, etc.);
- You must have a passion for AAA games and websites with added graphical value and you must visit forums dedicated to web/app interface design/ video games, icon design, and multimedia page layout on a daily basis;
- Your graphical/ergonomic standards allow you to create graphical combinations that are contemporary and trendy;
- You are able to create pictograms, icons, buttons, and their effects, and you have skills in multimedia page layout and associated typesetting choices.
What will happen when you apply?
You can apply with your English or Romanian CV. In order for us to consider your application, please send your portfolio or samples of your work (demos, animations, images, websites, etc.), indicating the address of your website and portfolio if you have one.
At Gameloft, we believe in diversity, so no applicant will be discriminated against based on criteria such as gender, age, gender identity, religion, nationality, etc ...
Your CV and portfolio will be reviewed by our Studio Art Director, and if he finds it relevant, one of our colleagues from HR will contact you.
Next, you will take a remote test, followed by a chat with hiring managers and HR. They will give you specific details about the job and you can ask them anything you are interested in knowing about working here.
The whole process usually takes 2-3 weeks, but of course, it depends on how fast you can come to us.
If the test fails, we will notify you within 1-2 days. You will certainly receive feedback from us about the process, but you can also track the status of your application through our application system.
Why join Gameloft?
- You want to be part of an exceptional experience, within a company that is constantly growing.
- You want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers.
- You want to join a global company and meet great people around the world from all walks of life.
- Or, you are just looking for a fun place to work!
We can’t wait to find our next great talent!
Join our SURVEY
As part of our recruitment process, we would like to know more about your interests when applying to Gameloft via this Survey. Your honest answers will have no impact on whether you will get the job or not. They will only be used to support our continuous efforts to match our Employer brand with our candidate’s expectations .
Are You Looking For a Fun Place to Work?Join The Game!
Why? Because joining our game means being part of a top innovator in the gaming field. Gameloft® is a leader in the development and publishing of games, creating them for all digital platforms with an astonishing audienceof 80 million monthly users. Our catalog includes every genre and our games are as varied as we are. We operate our own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partnerwith major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®.
We distribute our games in over 100 countries and employ 4,300 people worldwide. We embrace challenges and are always ready for the next big thing. Not convinced yet?
We have partnerships with high schools and universities all over the world and we support their activity by sharing knowledge and mentoring future professionals. We know the importance of knowledge sharing in order to build healthy and smart future generations. We grow talent and we push to be an example for youngsters by regularly hosting seminars for students, workshops for highschoolers and teachers. So, what do you say? Are you ready to be not just another face behind a computer screen, but a Gamelofter working in a supportive environment, who gets involved and gives back to the community?