26 days ago
Blackbird Interactive is looking for an experienced UX/UI Designer to join our growing studio. We have an exciting new project and are looking for a key hire to assist with UX design, as well as the development for the project.
Do you want to build compelling game experiences that put your design skills to work? Have you designed, prototyped and delivered user interfaces? Do you love working collaboratively with a small team of talented designers, artists and programmers to create ambitious user experiences? If so, this role could be for you!
As a UX/UI Designer, you care about shaping an engaging player experience and bringing together a blend of creative and technical solutions.
- Work collaboratively within a team of developers to create and implement UI components and create an intuitive user experience.
- Help organize and assemble layouts for the game and apply and maintain a consistent UX throughout the entire projects interface.
- Provide team-facing documentation to inform and guide the work of downstream groups.
- Implementation of input systems in unreal.
- Understand, interpret and execute on creative direction, in alignment with project goals.
- Review and incorporate feedback on your work from leadership and other designers.
- Strong understanding of console UX/UI.
- Minimum of 1-2 years experience as a UX Designer.
- An understanding of UI, and usability principles.
- At least one shipped AAA product as a UX designer.
- Have a good understanding of PC and Console control paradigms.
- Proven capability to work on multidisciplinary project teams, able to handle changing priorities throughout a product life cycle.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Experience creating UX designs, screenflow, and supporting concepts.
- Unreal or Unity experience.
- Experience with multiple areas of design (systems design, level design, UX/UI,.)
- Experience working on PC products.
At Blackbird, we're all about being true to our roots. We started small in our CEO's garage, and even though we're expanding, our desire is to stick to that foundation of creativity, community, and collaboration. Our team has proved that great ideas can come from any position in any discipline, so it's important to us to make sure every voice is heard.
Work/life balance is extremely important to us, and we've demonstrated that over the years by severely limiting over-time requirements. We want people to be happy about coming to work every day, and to that end we offer lots of opportunities for growth and development; whether it's lunch and learns, team events, or our generous vacation days, paid holiday closure and flexible schedules. We also try to provide every opportunity possible for our employees to spearhead R&D initiatives through our BlackOps program. In short, don't expect to feel like a cog in a machine working for BBI.
Due to COVID-19, applicants must be eligible to work in Canada, or currently in Canada on a work permit/visa. With the exception of specifically on-site roles, all roles will commence as a work-from-home arrangement. This arrangement will be revisited as COVID-19 government regulations are eased.
Please send a cover letter with your resume and application. If applying for an artistic role, please provide a link to your portfolio and/or demo reel.
If you are interested in the role, please apply even if your experience and skills don’t perfectly match our ideal credentials. We are committed to diversity and especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply. As an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. BBI does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.