Gateshead England United Kingdom
15 days ago
What are we looking for?
We want to hear from UI designers who are looking for an active role in a vibrant creative team.
The positions we are opening in our growing UK and Canada teams would be suited to designers with experience under their belts and an interest in working on a diverse range of projects.
As well as an eye-catching portfolio we’re also looking for personalities who will fit our culture of innovative creativity and collaborative problem solving.
Previous experience of working in the games or digital art sector is essential, either in a full-time role or proven freelancer.
If this interests you, we encourage you to send us your portfolio and show us what you’d bring to our flock.
Designers at Atomhawk work on a variety of projects alongside their team members, supported by producers who translate our clients’ needs into tangible daily creative tasks. We produce graphic design and user-interface (UI) work for a great range of clients including WB Games, EA, Microsoft and Amazon. We work across a range of disciplines and formats, from console to tablet, VR to retail.
The following skills are essential for anyone joining us:
- Quality at all stages of the process – Creation of artwork that is well presented and defined from sketch through to final polish. You can see examples of our finished work on our website.
- Design thinking – Solving creative problems through innovative design, balancing form and function.
- Technical skill – Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite and an understanding of complimentary software and tools.
- Design fundamentals – A strong grasp of colour theory, composition, typography and other core design principles.
- Variety and iteration – The ability to provide multiple creative options, then iterate upon them as projects progress.
- Adaptability – Switching quickly and fluidly to new requirements and processes when required.
- Working to a brief – Understanding creative briefs, then considering elements such as context, timescales and creative constraints when solving tasks.
- Time management – Creation of high-quality work within allocated timescales.
- Collaboration – Receptive to taking feedback and working together with team-mates and clients.
As well as having the chance to work on some incredible projects, Atomhawk offers a unique environment for those wanting to be surrounded by like-minded creative people. We have one of the largest in-house teams of specialist digital artists in the world, providing a collaborative community that works, develops and socialises together.
Atomhawk provides structured career development and training pathways for staff at all levels. We offer flexible working hours and a strict ‘No-Crunch’ culture, meaning overtime is not required or forced within the art team. This is alongside a competitive salary, relocation allowance and comprehensive benefit schemes in both the UK and Canada.
Both of our studios collaborate regularly and travel between locations is available when required. Team members have relocated between locations and we support professional development in a holistic manner.
Our UK studio is based in the North East of England on the banks of the River Tyne. Newcastle Quayside is just a short walk from our office, with hundreds of bars, shops and restaurants to choose from.
Atomhawk Canada is based in bustling Downtown Vancouver, close to award-winning entertainment, culture and nature.
Atomhawk is part of Sumo Group plc, one of the UK’s leading videogame developers.