UI/UX Designer [Mobile]
1 month ago
Who We Are
Sitting at the intersection of social networking and gaming, we empower creativity and connection in a digital world. Our mission is to build deep, rich virtual worlds where everyone belongs.
We have been working towards this mission for a decade. We are the creators of Highrise
, the first virtual world on mobile, which has seen extraordinary growth over the last few years and now boasts over 20 million users across iOS
. Every day, the citizens of Highrise come together to hangout, explore, create, collect, and trade in our metaverse, and we are on the precipice of making history once again with our expansion into Highrise World
To build creative worlds where you belong.
About This Role
We are growing and looking for a skilled and enthusiastic UI/UX Designer with some (or a lot of) experience in creating user-centered designs.
We are looking for a passionate designer excited to make the world both more accessible and fun. You will be working to construct delightful user experiences around play and friendships.
This role, along with our entire company, is fully remote.
As UI/UX Designer you will...:
- Work closely with Senior Product Designer on Highrise
- Create delightful user-centered experiences by building and adhering to established design patterns.
- Generate mockups, wireframes and polished visual designs.
- Make your own schedule, effectively estimate tasks and deliver on time.
- Establish, maintain and follow consistent internal design guidelines for UI/UX.
- Survey other applications to understand what does and doesn’t work.
- Conduct customer interviews when necessary to collect feedback and understand user requirements.
To be successful in this role, we'd expect you to be…:
- Experienced : You have 1+ year's experience designing and building product experiences for end-users and ideally you have shipped design for a product used by many people.
- User-centric: You have a strong user-centered approach when making design decisions, and you back those decisions with user research.
- Open-minded : You’re very open to feedback and trying new things.
- Hard-working: You have an "above and beyond" work ethic driven by a desire to grow and succeed.
- Skilled Written Communicator : Highrise is 100% remote, which means writing is our primary means of communication. You'll use written summaries and reports to explain decisions.
- Know your tools : You have some experience working with design tools like Figma.
- Meticulous: You have a strong attention to detail when it comes to design guidelines and consistency.
Within 3 months, you'll…:
- Work with Highrise's Product designer to deliver attractive user interfaces.
- Support the Product designer to create mock-ups.
- Assist in the production of concept sketches, wireframes, and prototypes.
- Independently gather and evaluate user requirements.
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems.
Within 6 months, you'll...:
- Independently contribute to Highrise's UI design style guide.
- Take ownership of designing graphic user interface elements.
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback.
What its Really Like to Work Here
We are a global team of nearly 100 people right now and rapidly growing. We feel a sense of ownership over our work and take great pride in what we do. We are not afraid to make, and most importantly, admit our mistakes — that allows us to show up authentically and build relationships of trust across the board. We are the scrappy kind, so we try to do more with less, and we love that! If you were to ask our team to describe our culture, they would probably say we are a passionate group of peeps trying to impact the next revolution of the internet.
Dream big, then make it real.
Be an owner, make a difference.
Build with humility.
Fast is better than slow.
Keep it scrappy.
Always be learning.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Read more about our values here