18 days ago
The UI Artist will be responsible for designing, prototyping, and creating the graphic elements of the Mobile videogame interface and the menu on a new, exciting midcore mobile title.
- Autonomously execute and prepare the necessary graphic assets menus and HUD
- Work together with the Design team to shape UI and menu according to the gameplay needs and art direction
- Ensure a smooth implementation matching the intention, by yourself or with the assistance of the Programming team
- Understanding of visual design principles and how they relate to game development and user interface.
- Understanding of the challenges presented by mobile platforms and the ability to adapt methodologies and solutions accordingly.
- Assure that game information is well conveyed through the various user interfaces
- Keep control of assets production, respecting technical constraints and optimization guideline.
- Previous work experience as a User Interface Artist for at least 1 mobile game
- Previous experience in a graphic design role (portfolio needed)
- Proficiency in Adobe XD, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator or other visual design tools
- Good Artistic skills (proportion, composition, color)
- Experience with Unity 3D editor will be plus
- Good knowledge of VFX and animation is a plus
- Excellent English
Opened in October 2011, Ubisoft Abu Dhabi is one of the first major video game studios based in the UAE capital and is focusing on developing and bringing to market successful mobile games for a worldwide audience.
This position is based in the vibrant expat city of Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates. Abu Dhabi is multi-cultural city, based on an island in the Persian Gulf and 1-hour drive from Dubai. Abu Dhabi offers vibrant social and forward-thinking cultural lifestyle. It has an array of experiences and events including pristine beaches, Formula 1, Theme Parks, Louvre Museum, vibrant nightlife and year-round sunshine. Having ranked number 1 for the past 4 years in a row as the safest city in the world (Numbeo), providing a great home and standard of living.
Ubisoft Abu Dhabi successfully released two hidden-object / investigation free-to-play mobile titles: CSI: Hidden Crimes™ and NCIS: Hidden Crimes™. With the acquisition in February 2017 of the massive multiplayer free-to-play game Growtopia, the studio works on the title’s live operations. The team keeps focusing its efforts on creating further content for its live games and strengthening its player’s engagement in addition to work on other unannounced projects.