13 days ago
Carbonated is a games studio largely based in Los Angeles, CA. The company was founded in 2015 by industry veterans who’ve built and run some of the biggest games in the world at companies like EA, Sony, Zynga and Blizzard. Our aspiration is to build a company where people want to spend their entire careers.
Our culture is largely based around a shared love of playing and building games as well as continuously learning and experimenting together. Unsurprisingly, we're focused on folks who share our key values:
- Talent (you're a subject matter expert and amazing individual contributor!)
- Attitude (you want to win! sure, experience is important, but that’s only part of what makes a great contributor, great)
- Willingness to try new and sometimes scary things (so we can ship something we're all proud of!)
Right now we’re fortunate enough to be working on our dream game, a real-time social, dystopian pvp battler (think Mass Effect meets The Division meets Eve Online ) with a few fun twists that will hopefully create a new genre of games.
Our studio is pioneering new methods to blend AI and gameplay, and we’re looking for a talented and experienced UI artist who is excited to be responsible for refining the visual language of our first-of-its-kind gameplay to thrill our players.
You are absolutely obsessed with making a game fun ! You love to collaborate closely with designers, artists and engineers to quickly iterate on & build out new and engaging UI features while fine-tuning existing ones.
This is a full time salary position which includes competitive benefits like flexible paid time off. This is currently a work from home position but we may consider to be back in an office after covid is over.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work closely with designers to ensure consistent visual language
- Create new wireframes and UI artwork to support concepts
- Design and implement UI menus, transitions and animations
- Work with Art Director on new icons, borders, frames, and UI elements in our art style
- Collaborate with engineers to bring designs from concept to final
- Develop and support a unified user experience throughout the game
- Continually optimize based on player feedback
- Above all else, making games is your jam
- 2+ years working as a UI artist in a mobile gaming or interaction design field
- Understand core challenges of mobile UI from an artistic and technical perspective
- Excellent Photoshop and Illustrator skills to create production ready assets
- Strong knowledge of current trends in UI / UX principles and technical design
- Experience with native engines: Unreal, CryEngine, Lumberyard and/or other proprietary engines
- Capable of collaborating across different disciplines to design & implement effective solutions
- Excellent written and spoken communications skills
- You possess strong scripting knowledge and/or technical experience (C#, Lua, HTML/CSS)
- 3D modeling/texturing/animation/rendering in Blender or Maya
- You like working on a small team that works fast and iterates often
- You’re not afraid to roll up your sleeves and really dig in to make something awesome
SOUND LIKE YOU?
- Really? Awesome! Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org !
Carbonated is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let us know so we can make your visit with us as enjoyable as possible.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.