12 days ago
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced UI Artist with an interest in developing in-game and front-end UI for AAA games projects. As part of our UI team you will work closely with UI engineers to develop and implement great UI for some incredible clients.
In this role you will:
- Design, create and implement UI using proprietary and middleware UI tools
- Create visual and interaction design, adhering to a cohesive style guide and maintaining consistency
- Maintain high visual fidelity, competitive aesthetics, presenting game information in a clear and understandable manner.
- Organise and maintain game-ready assets for use in user interfaces, such as textures, icons, and fonts
- Create and revise UI concepts and prototype flows, to establish the UI direction
- Work with UI engineers to implement assets and ensure correct functionality and visual fidelity
If this sounds like something that interests you then read on!
UI Artists at Atomhawk work on a variety of projects alongside their team members. We work at all stages of UI/UX development, from early concepting through to implementation. We work with leading brands including WB Games, XBOX Game Studios, 2K and EA, helping shape the user interfaces of the games of tomorrow. This role will requires the following skills:
- Great graphic design skills and the ability to flex your range and embed yourself in new and existing IP
- Able to design and create UI from wireframe to concept to prototype to final
- Excellent use of typography, composition, colour theory and motion graphics
- Proven experience using core tools including Adobe Photoshop, After Effects and Animate
- Comfortable communicating and collaborating with engineering and production
- Experience of interface creation in Unreal 4 using UMG
- Eager to get it right, redo/iterate work until the desired outcome is achieved
- Task driven, self-motivated and proactive.
- Quick learner, able to rapidly pick up new software and workflow pipelines.
- Must be patient and polite but also able to judge moments where push-back is needed
- A good understanding of 3d modelling is not required but is a bonus
- Proficiency or ability to learn relevant software; XD, Axure, Perforce, Jira, Basecamp and Confluence
- Understanding of animation timing
- Experience on a multiplayer game titles and live-service titles (console)
As well as having the chance to work on some incredible projects, Atomhawk offers a unique environment for those wanting to be surrounded by like-minded creative people. We have one of the largest in-house teams of specialist digital artists in the world, providing a collaborative community that works, develops and socialises together.
Atomhawk provides structured career development and training pathways for staff at all levels. We offer flexible working hours and a strict ‘No-Crunch’ culture, meaning overtime is not required or forced within the art team. This is alongside a competitive salary, relocation allowance and comprehensive flexible benefit scheme.
Our UK studio is based in the North East of England on the banks of the River Tyne. Newcastle Quayside is just a short walk from our office, with hundreds of bars, shops and restaurants to choose from. Not only being one of the UK’s most affordable major cities to live in, it is also close to the coast and countryside, perfect for when you want a change of pace from the buzz of the city. Transport connections are excellent, with Newcastle International Airport offering flights across the world.
Atomhawk is part of Sumo Group plc, one of the UK’s leading videogame developers.