UI Tools Graphics Engineer
Bellevue, WA, United States
6 days ago
Do you enjoy empowering creative talent with cutting-edge graphics tools, workflows, and features? Would you like to design and implement interactive workflows that can leverage the ever growing power of graphics hardware on current and future platforms to create amazing content quickly and intuitively? Are you willing and able to engage directly with development customers to gather requirements, obtain feedback, and iterate new systems to a polished sheen? Do you take pride in your ability to propose coherent solutions to complex problems involving multiple customer groups and tricky technology constraints? Would you like to help create daring visuals that inspire generations to come, sitting next to top industry talent, at a company that jealously guards work-life balance?
Imagine a tiny team of developers creating amazing AAA-quality content all by themselves! Imagine an artist, freed from the tedium of repetitive tasks, unconstrained by manual processes, driven only by their creativity to fulfill their vision! That is the world we at Unity want to create. And we need your help to create it.
As a UI Tools Graphics Engineer at Unity, you will help build impactful workflows for content creation and artist-facing features for Unity graphics. You will learn our engine’s capabilities, then help us expand them by building pipelines that empower Unity game developers to craft incredible visual experiences. Most importantly, you will work with an exciting and high-energy team to create the best and most technologically-impressive real-time experiences and games in the world.
For examples of recent Unity real-time graphics, take a look at the Adam: Episode 1 , Episode 2 and Episode 3 , as well as the Neon demo. Stay tuned for more amazing real-time graphics coming in 2020!
- Develop and maintain high-quality UI and tools for authoring high-fidelity cutting edge content
- Work tightly with a cross-discipline team and technic artists to provide highly productive and effective art and content pipelines
- Build and maintain production-quality rendering and content creation workflows code
- Invent, extend, and maintain features, workflows, and tools
- Familiarity with real-time computer graphics and GPU pipelines
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in Computer Science or relevant field, or equivalent experience
- Experience in C#/C++
- Experience developing UI, tools and workflows using modern approaches and scripting languages
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently
- Methodical and investigative disposition
- Ability to quickly adapt to new technologies and tasks
- Experience developing rendering algorithms on modern console architectures or mobile platforms and/or PC
- Experience in AAA game development as a graphics programmer or tools developer
- Familiarity with low-level graphics APIs (DirectX/OpenGL/equivalent)
- Cross platform development experience
- Experience with data-driven design, and strong software architecture skills
- Experience writing and optimizing shaders
- Experience using Unity’s engine and tools
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Facebook, Oculus, Autodesk, and Microsoft to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.