UI Technical Artist
5 days ago
Ubisoft is looking for its Annecy Production Studio a UI Technical Artist to join a team in charge of developing an AAA game.
You are joining an UI team composed of technical artists and programmers on site and in several locations around the world.
As an UI Technical Artist, you are responsible for creating UI visuals and behavior for specific features of the game using our internal tools
- Produce and integrate interactive UI visuals in line with the art direction and the gameplay intentions
- Have a good understanding of UX base principles to deliver a clear and identical experience on every platform
- Ensure UI is as optimal as possible by balancing artistic and gameplay intentions with project constraints
- Work closely with programmers, level designers and game designers to deliver features on time
- Script UI behaviors using a Node Based Visual Scripting Language is a bonus but not mandatory.
You as a person
You enjoy creating content and like to take initiative. You have an eye for quality, learn things quickly and are always seeking to improve. You enjoy solving problems and are able to think about how things work technically equally as much as how things should look and feel. You work well in a team and can communicate proficiently in English (both written and oral) and can give and receive feedback well. You are also able to collaborate with the other studios involved in the project and can work with them remotely.
- Interest or experience in Games development
- Worked with UI scripting tools on interactive content
- Interested in providing a good user experience
- Can debug issues with your content
- Comfortable realizing visual content based on concepts and design
- Having shipped a game is a bonus
- Good written/spoken English
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
All information will be treated as confidential in accordance with the Employment Equity Act.
Integrating the Ubisoft French studios also means:
- Join passionate and highly technical teams, all driven by the desire to design and develop innovative games and stand out for their quality
- Collaborate with teams recognized for their experience on renowned franchises
- Develop expertise by participating in in-house sharing events (talks, conferences, trade shows) and benefiting from tailor-made training programs
- Evolve in a leading French videogame company represented in 30 different countries, with opportunities for international development
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Founded in 1996, Ubisoft Annecy has developed many sagas, especially on Splinter Cell, Assassin’s Creed®, while focusing on multiplayer online and social aspects, and also on concrete game mandates such as Tom Clancy’s: The Division 2® and Ghost Recon Wildlands. We are now proud to have developed our own IP’s, Steep & Riders Republic!
Located in one of the most dynamic regions of France, our Ubisoft studio is settled between lake and mountains, in the middle of Annecy, also known as the Venice of the Alps, 30 minutes away from Geneva International Airport. Having a studio with perpetual growth, we are focusing on our team members' commitment and team work. Our ambition relies on innovation and excellence with an ultimate purpose: our players' satisfaction!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.