This job might no longer be available.
UI Technical Artist
Milan Lombardy it
7 months ago
Ubisoft Milan in looking for a UI Technical Artist to be involved in the production of a prestigious AAA title.
The person will be responsible of the integration of graphic assets in the engine, build and manage the logic structure of UI and menu elements, including their behavior and animations. The resource will work close to the other roles as Gameplay Programmers, Game Designers, and UI Artists, taking the ownership of the UI integration as implementation, debugging, optimization and maintenance.
In particular, the responsibilities will be the following:
- Build UI and menu logic structure;
- Setup UI and menu elements behavior and animations;
- Shape UI and menu according to game design needs and art direction;
- Is able to debug and fix issues on a daily basis;
- Assure that game information is well conveyed through the various user interfaces;
- Understand UI pipelines and limitations of our tool, rise needs and requests for improvements;
- Provide UI technical support for UI artists and programmers.
- Proven Experience with Node Based System tools (logic, layout, animation);
- Proficiency in programming and scripting;
- Experience with real-time engines (e.g. Unity, Unreal, etc.);
- Ability to quick sketch UI interfaces, layout and their interactions;
- Ability to find and debug issues within content;
- Comfortable realizing content based on concepts and design;
- Working knowledge of common UI technical architecture and patterns;
- Understand the tools and provide optimization and improvements;
- Commitment to quality;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Written and oral English.
As a bonus:
- Knowledge of the videogame development pipeline;
- Previous experience in the videogame industry;
- Experience in developing interfaces (web/QT/Mobile/motion graphics);
- Good knowledge of industry standard 2D graphic tools;
- Experience in graphic design (or the equivalent) specialized in the creation of interfaces and in menu design.
Candidates for this position are required to provide some sort of portfolio (web version preferred). Applications without a portfolio will be automatically discarded.