This job might no longer be available.
UI Technical Artist
11 days ago
Smoking Gun Interactive is looking for a capable UI Technical Artist experienced in executing and implementing game user interface assets and animations. Prior game development experience for mobile & PC platforms, and scripting experience with a flair for animation is highly valued.
- Build and implement UI - work closely with UX, designers, and engineers to set up animations and screens
- Ensure the technical consistency and integrity of UI assets, by means of profiling and optimization
- Develop and maintain a UI design system, working with other UI artists and engineers to help build and maintain a library of UI controls, styles, and best practices.
- Work closely with engineers to integrate assets within tech specifications for multiple platforms
- Rapidly iterate and develop solutions to design challenges while following creative and art direction
- Collaborate with Lead Artists to create UI layouts, high fidelity graphics and any necessary duties
- 3+ years of experience developing interactive interfaces in game engine or web-based UI editors and tools with at least one shipped game title
- Degree/Diploma in Graphic Design, Animation, Motion Graphics, or Illustration or equivalent work experience
- Experience working with Unity, Unreal or similar engine and tools.
- Knowledge of Basic scripting
- Master of Adobe CC Suite (Photoshop, Animate, Illustrator, XD)
- Understanding of a shader language, experience in writing shaders is a plus
- Have motion graphics skills, familiarity working with particle systems (Unity, After Effects) is highly valued
- Enjoy prototyping and getting designs pixel perfect
- Ability to accept direction, work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Passion for technical problem-solving
- Sense of humor, passion for your work, and desire to grow yourself and those around you
- Be eligible to work in Canada
Smoking Gun Interactive (SGI) is a dynamic and innovative game development studio lead by industry veterans located in the heart of downtown Vancouver. We develop original IPs as well as partner with incredible companies and established brands such as Microsoft and NASA to create games and diverse interactive experiences, utilizing our own leading edge technology.