This job might no longer be available.
UI Technical Artist
11 days ago
As a UI Technical Artist at Smoking Gun (SGI), you’re experienced in executing and implementing game user interface assets and animations. Prior game development experience for mobile & PC platforms, and scripting experience with a flair for animation is highly valued.
In this role, you will:
- Build and implement UI - work closely with UX, designers, and engineers to set up animations and screens;
- Ensure the technical consistency and integrity of UI assets, by means of profiling and optimization;
- Develop and maintain a UI design system, working with other UI artists and engineers to help build and maintain a library of UI controls, styles, and best practices;
- Work closely with engineers to integrate assets within tech specifications for multiple platforms;
- Rapidly iterate and develop solutions to design challenges while following creative and art direction;
- Collaborate with Lead Artists to create UI layouts, high fidelity graphics and any necessary duties.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- 3+ years of experience developing interactive interfaces in game engine or web-based UI editors and tools with at least one shipped game title;
- Degree/Diploma in Graphic Design, Animation, Motion Graphics, or Illustration or equivalent work experience;
- Experience working with Unity, Unreal or similar engine and tools;
- Knowledge of Basic scripting;
- Mastery of Adobe CC Suite (Photoshop, Animate, Illustrator, XD);
- Enjoyment in prototyping and getting designs pixel perfect;
- The ability to accept direction, work well in a fast-paced environment;
- Passion for technical problem-solving;
- A sense of humor, passion for your work, and desire to grow yourself and those around you.
It would also be helpful if you had:
- Understanding of a shader language, experience in writing shaders;
- Motion graphics skills, familiarity working with particle systems (Unity, After Effects).
We offer competitive salaries, great benefits, and a creative and driven work environment with our passionate team of talented professionals on high quality projects.
Smoking Gun Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Smoking Gun Interactive (SGI) is an industry leading independent game development studio focused on creating revolutionary gaming experiences. It was founded in 2007 by the award-winning industry veterans and creative forces behind Company of Heroes™. Since that time SGI has developed a wide range of games- from original IP, AAA game concepts, to mobile apps, console titles, and even immersive online experiences.