UI Technical Artist
19 days ago
Welcome to Striking Distance Studios!
Driven by people. Inspired by challenges. Relentless to deliver creative excellence.
At the intersection of art, design and technology lies Striking Distance Studios. We are a AAA development studio within the San Ramon Hills of the San Francisco Bay Area. With the release of our first title, The Callisto Protocol, we are excited to continue to grow our studio.
Here at Striking Distance Studios it is amazing people, an immersive experience and a passion for excellence that drives us each day. We are looking for people who push themselves creatively and learn with every new challenge. We give you the setting and the opportunity to do work you are proud of. We’re looking for the best to come join us and become part of a world-class team.
To us excellence is not a skill, but an attitude!
What we are looking for:
Striking Distance Studios is looking for a talented UI Technical Artist to work in a cooperative, cross-disciplinary team environment.
- Create game’s front-end UI Art and in-game motion graphics
- Illustrate clean and clear iconography & typography.
- Attention to visual detail and consistency.
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Create Motion Graphics & Animations.
- Create and implement UI art assets and systems in Unreal Engine using Blueprints and UMG.
- Build up functional UI screens
- Translate mockups into UI screens: being able to take a mockup, export and optimize its assets, and create the in-game UI screens
- Collaborate with UI Engineers, Designers, and Gameplay Engineers
- Create 2D assets when necessary
- 3+ years experience in game development as UI/UX Designer or UI Artist
- 2+ years of professional Unreal Engine experience with knowledge of Unreal Blueprints. Bonus points for C++ experience.
- Experience with Materials
- Experience with UMG (Unreal Motion Graphics)
- Strong experience with 2D asset creation (Photoshop, Illustrator)
- At least one AAA game shipped
- Proficient in Adobe CC Suite (PSD, AI). Bonus point for experience with After Effects
- Demonstrate experience in interactive or motion design through your portfolio/reel
- Education in Graphic Design or Motion Design
In California, the expected salary range for this position is $90,000-$125,000. The listed expected salary range represents a good faith estimate and the actual pay may depend on a variety of job-related factors that can include experience, education, skills, and location.
Striking Distance Studios provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Due to recent scams, our recruiters will only reach out to you via @sds.com, @krafton.com or @pubg.com. If you received an email and are unsure you can always email email@example.com.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.