UI Technical Artist (Mobile)
4 months ago
As a Technical Artist at Ubi MTL, you’ll help build a mobile game user interface that’s visually impactful while maintaining its cutting-edge performance.
To achieve this, you bridge the worlds of the artist and the programmer, acting as an interpreter and problem-solver. Because of you, the two collaborate cohesively and efficiently, on budget and deadline, using the most appropriate tools and pipelines.
While keeping device and user limitations in mind, you ensure all interface assets can be rendered without compromising the artistic vision, on the one hand, or busting your memory budget on the other, setting benchmarks for your UI along the way.
You’re the mobile development team’s hybrid specialist, speaking both from the heart and the mind, with your eye on AAA quality.
What you’ll do
- Establish efficient and clear pipelines + create UI libraries.
- Work closely with mobile UI artists to reflect their intentions by prototyping features.
- Benchmark interface assets through research and testing.
- Integrate, debug, and optimize UI assets in Unity.
- Communicate and collaborate with interdependent teams to find the perfect balance between aesthetic quality and technical functionality.
- Monitor UI best practices, tools, and trends to evolve our methods and bring about player-centric improvements.
- Investigate, develop, and implement new techniques to drive the team’s UI to the forefront of the video game industry and set new standards.
What you bring
- Around 5 years of art experience in the video game industry (or other relevant experience)
- A diploma in an artistic or technical field (or related training)
- Proficiency in C#
- Knowledge of shader writing and motion graphics
- Experience working with the Adobe Creative Suite (especially Photoshop and After Effects)
- A solid understanding of graphics/UI libraries (like NGUI and React Native) & Unity and its limitations
- A desire to share your knowledge and expertise to push the boundaries of technology & help others improve their skills
- The ability to adapt and wear many hats, including artist, programmer, teacher, communicator, leader, supporter, memory-budget manager, creator, and innovator – among others.
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your experience, education, and skills
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.