UI Tech Artist/Technical UI Designer (Mid-Senior)
21 days ago
At Omeda Studios, we are a remote-first game development company passionately working on our debut title, Predecessor - our Action MOBA for PC and Consoles that is currently in Early Access. We are looking for skilled professionals eager to contribute their talents in creating and delivering engaging content for a game designed to entertain players for years. Join our expanding team and be part of this thrilling journey!
As a community-driven studio, our core mission is to develop games that resonate with our players. We firmly believe that incorporating community feedback is essential to crafting immersive gaming experiences that players simply won't want to pause.
Following the successful closure of a $20 million Series A funding round, Omeda Studios boasts a dynamic blend of seasoned industry professionals and talented community members. Together, we are committed to shaping and realising our vision, as well as tackling the exciting challenges that lie ahead.
In This Role You Will
- Work on UI Systems Design in Unreal Engine; break down feature/mockups into necessary widgets, structures, and classes and deliver pixel perfect representations of textures and mockups
- Implement and maintain UI assets in the game’s engine
- Build the foundations for UI that can be easily worked on by all TA’s and non-TA’s alike, including for modifications, changes and support
- Expert on creation of Shader and materials
- Document and present tech implementation guides & workflows (processes)
- Increase UI performance by ensuring best practices are being followed by colleagues
- Test and debug UI content to ensure there is no conflict with the rest of the game
- Get ahead of technical problems and help to resolve them before they arise
What We're Looking For
- Mid to senior level of professional UI Technical Artist or Technical UI Designer with experience in the game industry
- Have strong technical problem-solving skills that allow for quick project execution
- Good understanding of real-time rendering and shaders
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate with multiple teams
- Mastery of UMG/Slate and UMG sequencer
- Experience within the Unreal Engine 5
- You’ll have an eye for pixel perfect UI; translating and spotting potential issues with mockups as you help see the designs into the engine.
- Work from visual comps, motions designs and style guides to translate complex UX wireframes and UI visual concepts into in-game UI.
- Strong understanding of UI/UX production, UX Design principles and a sensitivity & discerning eye for typography and graphic design.
- Experience with standard industry software such as Photoshop/Illustrator is a must!
- Self-motivated, self-sufficient, well organised, and able to multitask
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Nice to Have
- Abilities in secondary areas such as Animation, Lighting, Modelling, or VFX
- Experience working with and knowledge of current-generation console hardware
- Experience with console asset related requirements
- Experience with real-time networked multiplayer games
- Passionate about MOBAs
- Experienced with advanced and complex UI animations
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Global, remote team
- 33 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays
- EMI Stock Options
- Monthly Show & Tell with Food
- GDC Vault & Devcom VODs access
- More to come!