Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2018 and 2019, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
You will be building tools to accelerate the development process for millions of engineers. Roblox Studio allows everyone from children who have never written a line of code to experts to express themselves through game development and create experiences that are instantly available to countless players around the world. You will use your own experience as an engineer to help them.
- 5+ years of experience working on consumer applications, language agnostic, with experience in React, Python/ Lua, ideal
- Expert in component-based front-end libraries and frameworks with a commanding grasp of what it takes to build performant user flows
- Eager to learn: Ready to master new frameworks, languages, and skills
- Engineer at heart: confident with your CS fundamentals and know how to write clean effective code
- Analytical: you value using metrics and logging to analyze features and user patterns
- Test-driven: you understand the importance of tests and write and maintain unit and integration test
- Concerned with code quality: You care about writing code that others will be able to easily reuse, read, and modify for years to come
- Team-player: you work with and inspire others around you, taking on tasks for the greater team
- Build and ship best-in-class features used by millions of users
- Work closely with Product and Design to ensure the product embodies the shared vision
- Use best programming practices, optimizing code to be performance
- Write and maintain unit and integration test
- Take ownership and self-organize on projects throughout its full lifecycle
- Collaborate across internal teams to create the world’s best development tools