UI Software Engineer - NHL
19 days ago
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connecting millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. EA SPORTS NHL has revolutionized sports gaming for tens of millions of players around the world, pioneering award-winning and innovative technology and experiences that connect players to the speed, skill and creativity of the NHL.
The EA SPORTS NHL franchise is founded on passion and innovation. Located in Vancouver, British Columbia, the team is comprised of talent on a mission to deliver on-ice experiences that connect gamers around the world through play. If you're a creative pioneer with a passion for your craft, this is your chance to turn a job into something you love.
The UI Software Engineer will be directly involved in the design and implementation of HUT's User Interface, with opportunities to grow into a leadership role. You will also learn and work on other aspects of our game such as online / modes development, databases and developer tools. You will report to the Operations Development Director and Technical Lead to estimate, build projects and provide excellent results.
- Work with Designers, Artists, Analysts and other Engineers to develop new features and development tools.
- Hands-on coding; requirements gathering and designing new tech; maintain/build/own features and tech modules.
- Work with a proprietary engine to develop stable, scalable, efficient and shareable code.
- Work with people on a large team both locally and remotely.
- Work independently and communicate status.
- Identify, communicate and solve issues.
- Profile and identify performance and memory issues to meet performance targets.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
- Proficiency with C++ and experience in object-oriented design and implementation.
- Knowledge of Python, Lua and C#.
- Familiar with UI best practices and patterns.
- Knowledge of modern Database technologies.
- Knowledge of good software programming practices.
- Knowledge of Client/Server, Peer-to-Peer and multithreaded architectures.