This job might no longer be available.
UI Software Engineer - Madden
11 days ago
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey, and EA SPORTS UFC .
EA SPORTS Madden NFL is the best-selling sports property in U.S. Video game history. Madden NFL is an immersive, simulation-based, authentic NFL interactive experience, empowering fans to play out their NFL fantasy of winning the Super Bowl (and much more). Madden NFL has entertained fans over three decades with more than 130 million lifetime units sold.
Madden NFL is developed at EA’s Tiburon Studio in Orlando, FL, and Madrid, Spain by a team that prides itself on innovation and creative collaboration. We are looking for talent with a passion for sports to create experiences that connect with millions of football fans around the world to grow the love of the sport.
As a UI Software Engineer you will be part of the game creation process, including architectural design, implementation, and debugging on multiple platforms. You will work on complex problems with Designers, Artists and other Engineers in the Game Modes domain. You will report to the team's manager and work with your peers to develop the game's foundation layer.
- You will implement and improve Client Front-End screens and workflows
- Work with the Interface Designer to lay out and create screens and components.
- Work with Server and Client BE engineers to establish, hook up and test end-to-end functionality.
- Refine underlying screen navigation workflow.
- Work within a small to medium team of engineers.
- Design, maintain, implement, test and debug code.
- Create tools, features and engine components to required coding standards.
- Profile and optimize software components of a game.
- Create leading edge reusable technologies, both systems and engines.
- Measurably improve process and best practices to achieve targets.
- Experience with programming languages such as C++ or C# or Java.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
- Experience in object-oriented design and implementation.
- Working knowledge of Photoshop.
- Knowledge of good software engineering practices.
- Experience with memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.