UI Software Engineer - F1
21 days ago
Our award-winning Formula 1 studio are looking for an experienced UI Programmer.
Working in close collaboration with the UI art team and the game developers, our UI programmers utilise solid C++ skills with our custom UI Tools. We can teach you the power of our tech, all you need to do is bring your flare and expertise to implement new UI solutions for both in-game features and navigation as we continue to improve our games.
As a racing specialist and home of the official F1 game, our game worlds are rich with detailed, informative content and data delivered in 2D and 3D. We offer a unique set of challenges to present user access to essential material though logical and responsive user journeys. Embedded into the user experience both on and off-track, for us UI performance is important to gameplay, so you will help shape player dynamics right at the heart of our game.
- Reporting to the UI Lead, you will take an active part in the UI design process working with designers, UI artists and other development departments
- You will develop technical designs and both generic and project specific implementations of UI features
- You will test and refine UI features and contribute to automated testing of UI features
- You will contribute to the technical requirements of our underlying in-house UI technology
- You will work with and support other programmers with all systems exposing data to the UI, across multiple features including gameplay, networking and physics
- You will maintain all UI code
- You will work with the Technical Director and UI lead to allow collaboration with the gameplay programming team
Here's what you'll need:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- C++ programming skills in Console and PC game development
- Experience with UI design patterns (MVVM in particular)
- Knowledge of how gameplay systems are implemented
- Experience of a full game development lifecycle in an agile environment
- Experience with object-oriented design, data-driven systems and their implementation
- Experience of debugging and profiling tools
- Experience with code optimisation