UI Software Engineer (C++ Unreal) - Maxis
12 days ago
At Maxis, we excel at outrageous thinking. It's the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We're trailblazers and great storytellers. But it's not just about amazing your peers – it's about amazing yourself and our fans. Take risks. Work with dazzling minds and dare to dream big. Together, we can change the way millions play every day. The Sims 4 has an extremely unique player base, with 60% of our audience being women between the ages of 18-24. We are looking for someone with deep insights on how to create the best experience for our players.
Reporting to a Development Director as a UX Engineer, you will work on UI and UX within the game. The work will range from rapid prototyping to production development. Most of the work will be done in Unreal Engine, both in C++ and Blueprints. Some prototypes and features may be done with different tools and frameworks.
- Work with designers, producers, artists, and other engineers to contribute to a shared vision for compelling UI/UX features.
- Write quality code following the project coding standard and established engineering practices.
- Develop new UI/UX prototypes and refine existing ones.
- Design production level UI/UX subsystems.
- Write software requirements and technical specifications.
- Provide time estimates for tasks.
- Implement production level game UI/UX subsystems.
- Document components.
Requirements - note that you do not need to qualify for all requirements to be considered. We encourage you to apply if you can meet most of the requirements and are comfortable opening a dialog to be considered.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- 3+ years of programming experience.
- Working knowledge of C++.
- Understand principles of game design.
- Understanding of core principles of UI/UX, best practices and accessibility.
- Desktop (PC/Mac) development experience required.
- Experience developing usable consumer-oriented UI
- Experience prototyping UI systems.
- Document specifications.
- Experience with Unreal Engine
- Experience with multiple UI frameworks.