14 days ago
Amazon Games is seeking an experienced UI Scripter to join our New World team in Sunny Irvine, CA. In New World, players will fight for survival as they explore and conquer the mysterious island of Aeternum. We need someone who has the technical ability and artistic eye to implement what we call the 'skinning pass' on new UI screens. You'll be responsible for taking a functional UI screen or module, and ensuring it matches the approved visual mock-up 100% perfectly. You'll also implement animations, ensure good compliance with scripting best practices and good usage of common components where applicable.
The right person for this role will also be scrappy and have good input on designs, informed by a love of games and good customer-obsessed instincts.
Amazon Games applies the principles of Amazonian culture to the world of game design. We have a diverse team of talented, creative people pairing their love of making games with the unique strengths that come with being part of Amazon. Across all of our teams and locations, we are united by a common purpose: to share great gaming experiences with customers around the world. We believe in a future where everyone is a gamer and everyone can create, compete, collaborate and connect through games, and we are looking for the right people to help us build that future. With the power of Twitch and AWS at your fingertips, you will have the chance to innovate in gameplay, creativity, marketing, and technology, while working alongside some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
Inclusive Culture, Work/Life Balance, & Career Growth
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We offer ten employee-led affinity groups with 190 global chapters, innovative benefits, and annual and ongoing learning experiences (including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences). Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. Additionally, our team is dedicated to supporting you with mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
· 1+ years working on AAA video games or highly interactive apps or web products as a
· A portfolio showing functional software that you have personally created, for games, web, or apps
· Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design, Interactive Design, or equivalent
· Basic familiarity with Photoshop and After Effects, in order to extract assets from approved mock-ups
· 2+ years experience using a scripting language to implement animations, art assets, and layout fine-tuning in live software
· Deep love for MMORPGs and an understanding of what makes MMO UI design unique
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.