1 month ago
When you’re a UI Programmer at Ubi Qc, you have direct influence over the quality of the game that will end up in the players’ hands; there is a tangible link between your work and the player experience. You are entrusted with coding the flow and delivery of key information for the player.
With every new iteration, you commit yourself to answering the most fundamental questions: Will it be easy for the player to flow through menus? Does the HUD feel right? Is it AAA quality? You’re an avid gamer who cares about the player experience.
As a dependable member of a cohesive presentation team composed of UI designers and artists, you will bring to life the vision of the UI designers, who will take your point of view and expertise into consideration when making their decisions.
What you’ll do
- Code new and existing UI systems to meet the intent of the game’s design and flow.
- Keep them coherent with existing code.
- Understand existing functions, and suggest and develop improvements.
- Collaborate with designers and artists on layouts.
- Resolve UI bugs.
- Document your work.
What you bring
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- 3 years of experience in C++ and optimizing code.
- Experience in gameplay, UI, and design (menus, HUD).
- Experience as part of a team that has shipped a video game is an asset.
- Experience developing on video-game consoles (Playstation, Xbox).
- Proficiency to communicate with all disciplines and to support and elevate the team in terms of quality and vision of the game.
- You are creative and thirsty for innovation.
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills.
Have access to benefits that make a real difference in your day-to-day life :
- A hybrid and flexible work mode, 6 weeks of vacation in your first year, an enriched parental leave, a Ubi gym directly in our offices, a complete group insurance program, access to complete Dialogue telemedicine services, an RRSP with a contribution from Ubisoft, an advantageous bonus program, concrete measures to ensure the right to disconnect, the option of working part-time and much more. Click here for all the details.
- Joining a team of 21,000 Ubisoft employees working across more than 40 locations around the world, are boundby a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come;
- Working for an equal opportunity employer who believes that diversity of backgrounds and perspectives is essential to creating worlds where gamers and their teams can thrive and express themselves. It's about taking on exciting challenges, being at the forefront of cutting-edge technology and being part of the future of entertainment.
*Please note that the response time and analysis of applications will be longer from December 20, 2021 to January 17, 2022 due to the holidays. Please be assured that your application will be considered and that a member of the recruitment team will contact you as soon as possible. Thank you and happy holidays.
With a team of more than 500 talented, innovative and passionate creators, Ubisoft Quebec keeps on growing and continues its ascension. Founded in 2005, the studio has been involved in several key Ubisoft franchises over the years, developing cutting-edge expertise in major AAA game development. Involved in the Assassin's Creed franchise since 2010, the Quebec team assumed the leadership of Assassin's Creed Odyssey and they have just finished working on a brand new game, Immortals Fenyx Rising.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.