UI Programmer (Unity)
7 days ago
Ubisoft Abu Dhabi Mobile is currently seeking a UI Programmer to help our team on their next adventure. You will join an international and successful game development team and work an exciting mid-core mobile title.
- You design and implement of UI components in Unity.
- You support UI Artists by adding or extending Engine functionality.
- You set up wireframes/prototypes for UI Artists and Designers to work in.
- You improve and extend existing game UI and UI Framework.
- You design and implement UI layers and structure in the engine.
- You improve UI tools used by team members.
- Proficient with UI optimization to meet constraints in memory, draw calls and other technical constraints
- Integration of assets in the game
- You have experience with iOS and Android development.
- You have experience with Unity3D and other mobile frameworks.
- You have bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math, or related field. Master’s degree in any of these disciplines is a Plus.
- You have 2 or more years of experience in software engineering.
- skills and experience in software development in C#.
- You have a solid foundation in computer science and software engineering, and UX/UI principles.
- You have attention to detail, problem-solving skills, meticulous and organized working habits. Ability to multi-task and to adapt easily to change.
- You are a team player: we use agile development methods, where the team members are in permanent contact. Open mind and good communication skills are a must.
- You are passionate about games and have some knowledge of the gaming industry.
- You are fluent in English.
Opened in October 2011, Ubisoft Abu Dhabi is one of the first major video game studios based in the UAE capital and is focusing on developing and bringing to market successful mobile games for a worldwide audience.
This position is based in the vibrant expat city of Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates. Abu Dhabi is a multi-cultural city, based on an island in the Persian Gulf and a 1-hour drive from Dubai. Abu Dhabi offers a vibrant social and forward-thinking cultural lifestyle. It has an array of experiences and events including pristine beaches, Formula 1, Theme Parks, Louvre Museum, a vibrant nightlife and year-round sunshine. Abu Dhabi has also ranked number 1 for the past 4 years in a row as the safest city in the world (Numbeo), providing a great home and standard of living.
Ubisoft Abu Dhabi successfully released two hidden-object / investigation free-to-play mobile titles: CSI: Hidden Crimes™ and NCIS: Hidden Crimes™. With the acquisition in February 2017 of the massive multiplayer free-to-play game Growtopia, the studio works on the title’s live operations. The team keeps focusing its efforts on creating further content for its live games and strengthening its player’s engagement in addition to work on other unannounced projects.