UI Motion Designer - Infinity Ward
14 days ago
Job Title:UI Motion Designer - Infinity Ward
Founded in 2002, Infinity Ward is the original studio behind the Call of Duty® franchise. The titles developed by Infinity Ward have won more than 200 "Game of the Year" awards and 100 "Editor's Choice" awards, among many other industry accolades. Some of our previous titles include: Call of Duty®: Ghosts , Call of Duty®: Infinite Warfare and most recently, Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare . Infinity Ward employs more than 250 people in Woodland Hills, Calif., just outside of Los Angeles.
A critically acclaimed studio, Infinity Ward is proud to have one of the most passionate and talented development teams in the industry. We love to have as much fun as the games we create, and it shows in our relaxed, yet diligent, workplace environment. We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we like to look after ours. We enjoy having fun with top-notch events that everyone gets involved with.
Infinity Ward is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at https://www.infinityward.com/, on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/InfinityWard/, and @InfinityWard on Twitter.
Infinity Ward is currently seeking a UI Motion Designer. This person will work closely with the multi-discipline UX/UI team to help deliver the vision for innovative, cutting-edge user interfaces for console video games.
- Concept and craft unique and compelling motion designs for AAA games
- Craft motion UX behaviors, systems, and animations that orient, guide, and add delight for players
- Create motion comps and mock-ups to convey concepts, visualise functionality, flow, and animation states.
- Deliver high-quality work, ranging from initial sketches to high-fidelity visual comps for game features, core UI elements, and iconography
- Collaborate with user experience designers, engineers, and other artists to iterate on features until they reach AAA quality
- Implement designs in-engine, ensuring they meet visual and functional standards
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of a robust Design System and Style Guide
- Manage created assets by establishing naming conventions, maintaining accurate and functional checked-in content, and keeping the team updated with the status of your work.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of designing/animating 2D and 3D motion graphics with Adobe After Effects and the Creative Cloud Suite
- Expert Knowledge of After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, Cinema 4D and Red Giant Suite.
- Mastery of the principals of design, color theory, typography, graphics, motion graphics, animation, video editing, and file creation.
- Experience in 2D and 3D design + motion ideation, compositing, tracking, and special effects and all related production workflows
- Must have a great understanding of the principles of User-Experience design [UX / UI]
- General knowledge of standard methodologies for an efficient post-production graphics pipeline/workflow
- Proven understanding of video formats, codecs, resolutions, and bitrates
- [for senior role only] Proven track record of translating complex animations into real time equivalent with game engine UI tool. [unreal/unity equivalent]
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent people and team-working skills.
- Working knowledge of current creative trends and innovations in motion graphic
- Must have shipped at least 1 AAA multiplatform title from start to finish, through all stages of production]
- All resumes must be accompanied by portfolio, reel and/or website link
- 3DS Max
- Cinema 4D
- Scripting experience
- Multiplayer gamer
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Infinity Ward is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.