UI Game Artist
1 year ago
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
JamCity is searching for a talented UI Artist that will help contribute to the success of our live games! You must be capable of adapting your style to each game - creating features for our existing games or designing completely new ones! The ideal candidate will have a desire to create UI that is highly functional, easy to use, and beautiful to look at for multi-million dollar entertainment IPs!
- Collaborate with Game Designers and Project Managers to generate creative yet simple solutions to complex design needs such as functionality, visual language and features of a user interface.
- Wireframe and rapidly iterate on UX for new games and existing features.
- Mock up and create prototypes for features according to UI specifications.
- Create polished UI assets for both new and live games.
- Illustration icons and work with Game Artists to maintain a cohesive style between Art and UI.
- Communicate with Engineering to execute final implementation of your designs.
- Create marketing assets such as app icons and game logos.
- Keep learning! You will work alongside peers that you’ll respect, admire and learn from.
- 3+ years of game industry experience preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of both Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Ability to make excellent font choices and design appealing text styles for any genre of game.
- Understands game navigation and common mobile UX patterns.
- Ability to create strong illustrative designs (including icons and UI backgrounds) matching art styles to ensure a seamless aesthetic experience.
- Portfolio must illustrate experience in creating UI art for use in games.
- Ability to follow and create a thorough style guide to ensure consistent UI across your team.
- Ability to quickly learn new tools and techniques.
- Experience with UX design and creating wireframes.
- Ability to create creative yet simple solutions to complex design needs.
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience creating UI and UX for mobile games.
- Experience with creating UI animations and transitions.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.