UI FX Artist - World of Warcraft
23 days ago
Job Title:UI FX Artist - World of Warcraft
A UI FX Artist on World of Warcraft creates exciting UI transitions and adds visual effects to interface interactions for both PC client and companion app. You will be the bridge between art and UI design, communicating gameplay ideas to the player all while creating a compelling visual storytelling experience. UI FX Artists on the team should be swift and efficient, along with having a skull full of great ideas.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Create and concept FX for the World of Warcraft User Interface PC and Companion app, such as spells, class animations, frame transitions, explosions, and more.
- Keep and maintain FX consistency between PC and the Companion app.
- Prototype and create block-out FX for User Interface.
- Prepare and maintain documentation, style guides, and asset resources for art, programming, and QA teams to follow and use.
- Communicate well with Production, Design, and other departments.
- Explore a wide variety of ideas that push the World of Warcraft User Interface animations.
- 2+ years' experience working with FX in Unity.
- Strong hand painted texturing skill that fits within the larger world.
- Experience developing particle systems and geometry-based visual effects.
- Understand real-time game development needs.
- Self-driven, excellent communication skills, passionate, creative problem solver, and a great team-first attitude.
- A passion for video games, and user interface design.
- Experience with graphic design, UI art, or advertising field.
- Background in animation with an eye for timing.
- Passion for World of Warcraft.
- Cover Letter
- A demo reel link
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing a true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Job Status: Full-Time
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.